My daughter,grandchildren & myself stayed at Sunway resort for 7 days in September 2012. The staff are generally helpful and when things are not right they are very apologetic.Which l feel is all they are "Apologetic" nothing seems to get resolved unless you become rather angry. When we arrived our room was booked for 2 adults & 2 children even the staff seemed surprised that the room allotted to us was to take 4 people. The room had 1 double bed one small couch and a mattress laying beside the double bed. Not Happy. I went down to reception and complained bitterly and another room with 2 king size beds were offered to us. I explained that l was happy to pay extra for a superior or executive room. I was advised that was all they had. Why have you not got family rooms with 2 bedrooms?
We had laundry done whilst we were there and my daughter who had paid extra for express service waited for another 24 hours while they found her laundry. Not Happy.
Good points are very clean rooms. Food excellent shame about the bacon. Decor is wonderful, not much for the children to do in the pool however pool toys were purchased at the mall for them to play with.
All in all we did have a wonderful holiday and yes l would return to Sunway resort but would have to sort out the rooms before we came back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa is one of Kuala Lumpur’s most iconic 5-star hotels, situated within the sprawling integrated resort of Sunway City. The Hotel is located next to Sunway Lagoon theme park and connected to the massive Sunway Pyramid shopping mall, seamlessly integrating facilities for easy, within the minute walking-access, to a multitude of leisure and business services. On arrival, the Hotel’s dramatic neo classical façade welcomes guests to superlative features and thematic architectural designs, sheltered by towering minaret glass domes and a main driveway that boasts monumental sculptures of deer being pursued by a Malayan tiger and two life-size elephants stand guard; with a profusion of fountains and captivating oasis of water features. The Hotel’s 441 guestrooms and suites are equipped with complimentary Wi-Fi and other modern conveniences. Most guestrooms have theme park views or the resort's skyline; some provide balconies with an opportunity to walk out to the lush tropical gardens. Facilities within the hotel include an expansive free-form landscaped swimming pool with cascading waterfalls, a Balinese-inspired Mandara spa, a fitness centre, an all-day dining restaurant, a lobby lounge and several independently-operated Chinese, Thai and other speciality restaurants. Located adjacent to the Hotel are Sunway Pyramid Convention Centre, 170 food and beverage outlets and over 900-retail stores in the shopping mall, and two additional hotel towers with Sunway Pyramid Hotel and Sunway Clio Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunway Resort Hotel And Spa
- Sunway Hotel Petaling Jaya