If your target is Sunway lagoon theme park, there's nowhere as convenient as this hotel. Just a few mins walk from the buffet restaurant, fusion, you will arrive the ticket area of Sunway Lagoon. Great if you would like to have a nap after spending a few hours in the theme park. As the hotel guests, you may get a stamped coupon from the main reception and use it for multi entry to the theme park. Moreover, you may get free towels from the gymnasium and take them with u to the water park. What a good arrangement! However, the staffs never inform u of this benefit, which discredits the whole thng.
Room is spacious and clean but don't expect something luxurious or fancy, just average decor. Most of the room on the upper floors oversee the theme park. There are rooms below the lobby floor, not recommended.
Breakfast is busy at weekend while the freshly squeezed fruit juice counter is the best i've ever tried, better than the shangrila chain or some that boost over that freshly squeezed juice.
Fusion is a great buffet restaurant especially during weekdays when it is not crowded at dinner time. The made-to-order prawn noodles is mouthwatering and I can devour 4 bowls each time. The availability of white asparagus (in-season) is another pleasant surprise. Can't remember the price of a dinner buffet, but definitely not steep since Child dine free with parents during our stay.
The shopping arcade with lots of restaurants and chained stores is attached to the hotel. With an ice rink, one should be able tk spend a few hours there if it is raining cats and dogs outside.
Not bad and it exceeds my expectation from a local hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa is one of Kuala Lumpur’s most iconic 5-star hotels, situated within the sprawling integrated resort of Sunway City. The Hotel is located next to Sunway Lagoon theme park and connected to the massive Sunway Pyramid shopping mall, seamlessly integrating facilities for easy, within the minute walking-access, to a multitude of leisure and business services. On arrival, the Hotel’s dramatic neo classical façade welcomes guests to superlative features and thematic architectural designs, sheltered by towering minaret glass domes and a main driveway that boasts monumental sculptures of deer being pursued by a Malayan tiger and two life-size elephants stand guard; with a profusion of fountains and captivating oasis of water features. The Hotel’s 441 guestrooms and suites are equipped with complimentary Wi-Fi and other modern conveniences. Most guestrooms have theme park views or the resort's skyline; some provide balconies with an opportunity to walk out to the lush tropical gardens. Facilities within the hotel include an expansive free-form landscaped swimming pool with cascading waterfalls, a Balinese-inspired Mandara spa, a fitness centre, an all-day dining restaurant, a lobby lounge and several independently-operated Chinese, Thai and other speciality restaurants. Located adjacent to the Hotel are Sunway Pyramid Convention Centre, 170 food and beverage outlets and over 900-retail stores in the shopping mall, and two additional hotel towers with Sunway Pyramid Hotel and Sunway Clio Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunway Resort Hotel And Spa
- Sunway Hotel Petaling Jaya