“A Lovely weekend getaway”

Cyberview Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Cyberjaya
Reviewed August 16, 2009

Checked in for a weekend getaway with the family & found the resort to be lovely, refreshing and absolutely relaxing. The room is huge & able to accommodate my family of 2 adults & 2 kids comfortably with their king size bed & sofa bed. They had a lovely wedding ceremony on Saturday & the garden landscaping added a touch of enchantment to the romantic ambience.
Food at the Verandah restaurant was quite good - we simply loved the japanese selections of sushi, tempura & teppanyaki. We met a Dutch gentleman who's been a long staying guest at the resort who obviously adored the resort as he keeps coming back here although it's mainly for business. He's only complaint was that he keeps hearing the same music at the restaurant each time he dines in. Perhaps a CD changer may solve this issue.
The Bistro Cascata although a little pricey had lovely pastas and steaks too. They have a Chinese restaurant across the road - dim sum selection is average but the a la carte dishes are quite good. Service is OK. The staff are extremely friendly although English is in fact a challenge for some - apparently they are hotel school trainees from Indonesia & Phillippines.
Overall it was an enjoyable a weekend.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed July 31, 2009

Throughout my stay, the meal served was of appalling quality. The lamb roast was merely fatty stumps, the sambal fish exuded a stale nauseating odour while the prawns in the tomyam soup was soggy and not fresh. Such terrible fare is unbecoming of a hotel of that stature.
After I provided feedback to Mr Maren, F&B Manager, he gave me 20% discount in an attempt at service recovery. This however caused a problem when I was checking out of your hotel because the staff took more than 1 hour to separate my room bill from the F&B ones – almost causing me to miss my flight. The staff who attended to me, Miss Rina did not smile at all, nor did she apologize. A similar attitude is adopted by Puan Noraini, the Manager. She refused to help her staff out nor did she even bother to apologize.
Puan Noraini displayed a lack of leadership and her ambivalent behaviour towards irate and unhappy guests are clearly adopted as the normative standard by her staff.I am disappointed in her behaviour and so should the management of Cyberview Lodge Resort & Spa because she is seen as the representative face of the hotel.I am extremely displeased at the service I encountered.
To top it off, one of the staff Ms Rina happily charge my mastercard RM374.67 without me verifying the bill. I need to make a call from Singapore to the hotel to get her to reverse back the entry. What kind of service is this??? Charging your customer without them verifying!!
In view of the horrid experience, Mr Shaheen (GM)refuse to cancel the F&B bill which is outstanding as a gesture of goodwill. One week of hell I must say.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Deeimra
Reviewed July 27, 2009

We just loved this hotel. This was our second visit there in 2008 and deliberately picked it for a 3 day unwind after 6 weeks in Western China, Kyrghystan and Uzbekistan. We loved the relaxed atmosphere, the great rooms and after being out of touch with the Intenet for over a month, the free broadband in the room. We needed peace and quiet and got it.
I am not sure why some have complained about the breakfast - we found it simply astonishing with mountains of smoked salmon and more indulgences than I can care to remember without missing them too much. The staff were exemplary, the free transport to the local shopping excellent and a great value for money massage centre for people who had been on the road for quite a while.

We would really like to be there right now and we will be certainly back there very soon.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GerryEllen
Reviewed June 7, 2009

We checked into Deluxe Chalet. My first impression was the room could accomodate up to 20 paxs! The four apostle teak wood, king sized bed was great - to snuggled, extremely comfortable bed. Loved the interior ! They have 32'' lcd flat screened tv and personal computer with internet access! Hence, u dont need to bring ur laptop! This is the place where you'll never get to see group tourist (rombongan) messing around with their little children, as this exclusive accomodation would simply make you burnt a hole in your pocket. You' would only get to see businessman in their suits, attending meetings and leaving their wife and children by the pool. My children had great time dipping themselves into the swimming pool and they had to themselves! Nice big hammocks that could fit a couple! Breakfast was a great spread. Great place for honeymooners.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank SofyRudy
Reviewed May 15, 2009

We stayed here on the last night of our holiday as it was closer to the airport. It was with some trepidation after reading some of the reviews. Its not cheap but it is luxurious. Welcoming staff were really lovely, and we were driven to our room in a golf cart. Free PC with internet in the room is a nice touch and the room was huge. Lovely 4 poster bed and a private courtyard. Gardens are lush and extremely well maintained. Pool are is absolutely gorgeous and I wished we'd had time to use it . If I had one gripe it was the breakfast staff who did not seem to understand any English. I realise I was in Malaysia and that not everyone is expected to speak it but they seemed to have a problem doing what was asked. I managed to let them know I wanted an omelette but after 20 mins of waiting no one could locate it. I asked 4 different staff who all looked at me blankly. Not a big deal but it was a tad annoying. I;d stay here again if I could get a cheaper rate.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RosieMeadows
Reviewed May 15, 2009

We spent last Friday at this resort. I had read all of the reviews here & was preparing for the worst. The reason we stayed there was that a friend was having her wedding there, so we felt it would be better off just staying there (easier to crawl back to the room after cocktail & beers).

I was pleasantly surprised to find the room very spacious & comfortable. The air-conditioner worked fine, although I would have prefered it to be a bit more powerful (it got very slightly warm in the blazing afternoon), but otherwise, it was very comfy for the rest of the day. The room was clean & well maintained (I'm not sure if they refurbished it, since the 2008 reviews were written)

The resort is really really beautifully landscaped & the pool, complete with a waterfall feature was nicely done. Overall, the grounds of the resort was very well maintained .

The buffet breakfast the next day was also nice, in terms of choice, especially if you're Malaysian. It was a nice mix of local (dim sum, nasi lemak, roti canai ..) & usual western dishes.

There's not too much to do anywhere close to the hotel itself, so plan to spend quality time at the resort itself. If you're looking for nightlife, I'd suggest staying downtown, rather than here :)

Overall, a great place to relax & unwind

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SP72
Reviewed May 10, 2009

Had an elaborate wedding dinner here before and the rooms and ambience was absolutely perfect. The ballroom was simple and nice and the garden was breath-taking. The bed is very cozy and soft, the rooms are clean and the baths are wonderful. The spa here is great and we took the romantic spa package for 2 and there were no regrets at all! Just wonderful, wonderful experience.
However, the breakfast buffet was rather limited and lack of choice.
Otherwise, I would most definitely recommend this resort to everyone I know.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jemmym
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cyberjaya
Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside
#4 of 9 in Putrajaya
Dash Box Hotel Cyberjaya
Dash Box Hotel Cyberjaya
#5 of 5 in Cyberjaya

Been to Cyberview Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!