We only stayed here a night (for a friend’s wedding) but it was pleasant enough. It’s a Malaysian-standard hotel, which means scruffy & ill-kempt (in parts) and with diffident, English-challenged service – but if you take all that into account – along with the fact that you’re basically on a tiny parcel of artificially-beautified land amidst roads and tech-parks, a long way from anywhere – it’s actually quite nice. I was impressed by our room – spacious, well-appointed, with a great view over the pool. Great place to sit & read a book. Room itself was quite clean. There was no obvious scruffiness, which was surprising (and welcome). Have paid far more in Malaysia for far worse.
Service was of course patchy, with (dis)honorable mention needing to be made of Housekeeping, who failed to understand my (delivered with a smile, while pointing at the actual offending mess – i.e. clear, reasonable, and polite) request to remove another guest’s dirty plate from outside my room. It was still there when I got back some hours later. Made for a great Frisbee.
Stay at this place if your expectations are clear – CyberJaya is in middle of nowhere, Malaysian service is generally patchy, English is a struggle, things may be dirty & scruffy – or if (like us) you are there for a reason. And then relax, open a book, and simply enjoy the place. If another friend got married there, I’d gladly go back (though paying only the heavily-discounted Internet rate, NOT the hotel’s over-ambitious rack-rate). I would never use it as a base to explore KL, or have a ‘tropical experience’ holiday. Totally unsuitable for either.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape comes closer to home with a unique 5-star boutique tropical paradise located only 35 minutes from the centre of Kuala Lumpur, in the heart of Cyberjaya. Cyberview Resort & Spa promises a true Malaysian feel within its spacious grounds covered with lush greenery and fountains, ponds and waterfalls. The resort features 74 cozy rooms refurbished with four-poster beds and teak furniture of which 68 are chalets, two are two-bedroom suites and two are two-bedroom bungalows. We have new 38 Superior Chalets with contemporary concept to make the guests feel at home. There is also an exclusive honeymoon suite and a presidential suite, both with garden view Jacuzzi tubs. Besides the usual in-room amenities, 32" LCD screens which come with a DVD Player with cable television, in-room safe, private balcony, desk and living area as well as international direct-dial facilities, the resort also offers complimentary through out the resort. Being away from the city does not mean being deprived of culinary experiences. In fact, the restaurants offer a wide variety of choices. Breakfast, lunch and dinner can be enjoyed at the Verandah Restaurant. Italian Fusion cuisine is served at the Bistro Cascata, situated near the pool next to the cascading waterfall while Xing Zhu Chinese Restaurant offers authentic Chinese cuisine. For more relaxation there is the Karma Bar & Lounge, the resort’s hot night spot, represents a chic, modern and chill out lounge that is complemented by the serene natural surroundings. The very private "Oasis" Karaoke Lounge is ideal for a group who wants to sing their hearts out! For all those urbanites looking to get away from it all, the Sembunyi Spa offers the perfect reprieve. A 10,000 square-foot area is dedicated to a unique ASEAN theme spa offering Jamu therapy such as aromatic massages, herbal body and facial treatments. Separate male and female rooms are available for steam, sauna, hot Jacuzzi and ice-cold dips as well as a lap pool. Cyberview Resort & Spa is the ideal place for a family getaway, a romantic liaison and even corporate retreat. The Cindai Ballroom can seat 400 dinner guests and overlooks the gardens and swimming pool while the Keris Executive Boardroom is fitted with audiovisual systems for video conferencing and multimedia communications systems. If you are looking at a bigger capacity, Putrajaya International Convention Centre (PICC), which is located in the heart of Putrajaya, is just 15 minutes drive from the resort. The Perdana Hall can accommodate up to 2000 pax at one time. Recreation activities are the outdoor lawn, tennis court, basketball court (half court), mountain bikes and even fishing by the lake. There are also shuttle services to Putrajaya ERL Station - connecting guest to KL Sentral (downtown city center) and a shuttle stop to Alamanda Putrajaya shopping mall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cyberview Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cyberview Lodge Resort And Spa
- Cyberview Hotel Cyberjaya
- Cyberview Hotel Putrajaya