“A tropical paradise at a reasonable price”

Cyberview Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Cyberjaya
Reading, England
“A tropical paradise at a reasonable price”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed here for just over a week in October 2012 whilst doing some work at a nearby company. The resort itself is nothing less than a tropical paradise. The staff are most attentive and impeccably well mannered; guests are greeted at the door with a bow. The service is simply excellent throughout. Some of the staff only have basic English.
The room prices are very reasonable. There is a bar, also very reasonable, well stocked and with a good cocktail menu. Food is available in the bar, same menu as in the main restaurant. Breakfast is very varied and plentiful, and the coffee (important for me) is delicious. Lunch and dinner are a little more ordinary, but there is an excellent Italian bistro if you want more classy, European style cuisine. There are some other places to eat a short walk from the resort.
The wireless network was free, plenty fast enough and worked well with no problems. An English language newspaper appeared on my door each morning.
My room was enormous - 17 good paces from one end to the other (yes I paced it out). There was a huge four poster bed with curtains, a desk, table, minibar, dining table for two, sofa bed and coffee table. It had a French window opening onto a small verandah with a table and two chairs. One feature which I liked was a remote control panel next to the bed for the lights. I did not feel overlooked by any of the other rooms. The air conditioning unit was a little noisy, and I slept with earplugs in. The family in the next suite had somewhat boisterous kids - another reason for earplugs!
To get to central KL I took a taxi to the station and then a train, then another train to get to the Petronas Twin Towers, or another taxi to get to the Petaling St market in Chinatown.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank FlixtonSlick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed November 5, 2012

On the surface the place looks good, and reading the other reviews I had high expectations.
This is certainly NOT 5 stars. Prepare yourself now and set your mind for 3 stars and you might enjoy your stay.

But after staying here for a week I feel I need to do my public service and warn others - DO NOT STAY HERE IF YOU ARE A BUSINESS TRAVELLER AND VALUE YOUR TIME.
For holiday tourists who don't have a busy agenda, it should be ok, but for the business traveller who has a schedule to keep, please don't make the same mistake. Keep your sanity and stay somewhere else.

Let me explain some of the reasons why:

- mix up with the shuttle service and taxi's. After 6 days of using the reception to order the shuttle//taxi's they have never got the time and / or destination right. I spoke to one of the taxi drivers and he said he was also very frustrated and he has seen that in the last two month there is new staff working there and they mix up all the orders. He is a local, and spoke the local language, so it wasn't just the language issue. I estimate in total I have wasted 15 hours waiting for taxis/shuttles that were ' on their way'

- understanding simple housekeeping requests. I asked for an adapter. I didn't get it. I asked for some non caffinated tea. I didn't get it. I asked for an extra blanket. I didn't get it. I asked again. I didn't get it. eventually I went to the reception backroom and picked the things up myself.

- flooded toilet. Need I say more?

- neighbour room is not soundproof thanks to connecting door. I could hear every word. Eventually I called the neighbours and told them my concerns since it was 2am and they were still active.

- mix up with my bookings and reservations.

- the SPA is closed for the rest of the year, so if that is your reason for coming, don't bother.

- Food not good at all. And the remote location doesn't allow much choice. The fries are soggy. the scrabbled eggs are floating in oil. the pastries at breakfast might break your toe if you drop them. I wouldn't say I am a fussy eater, but for most foods I had to just close my eyes and swollow if I didn't want to go to bed hungry.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Bronwyn B
Phuket, Thailand
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I've been here twice in July and October both this year both for racing in Sepang. I really enjoyed my stay here, it's 20 mins from the track, its close to the airport, its in a nice location, the staff are friendly, the restaurant's are good, decent breakfast and the rooms are good too. Very cool little hotel for a hotel outside of downtown KL! Hopefully when i'm racing again next year i'll be coming back to this hotel!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Ipoh, Malaysia
Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

Enjoy staying there and the room was quite large. The value was exceptional and will recommend anyone to stay there. The food was average and enjoy the spa facility there. The only bad thing was quite far from city center.

• Stayed February 2012
Banbury
Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

We were racing at the Sepang racing circuit, 20 mins away, and this was a lovely choice of location and worth the commute. Great location for the government sector in KL and not far from the airport. Everything was wonderful for our stay. Great beds, room, service shower. Choice of restaurants was good with excellent food.

• Stayed October 2012
Kuching, Malaysia
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We check in for a 3 days 2 nights stay on 22 Sep 12. The hotel provides free pick up from Putra Jaya Sentral and send us back for the return trip too. It provides free shuttle service to Allamanda Shopping Mall in Putra Jaya which is about 20 minutes ride for hotel guests,, you need to book the transport and follow the fix times, depart 3 times a day at 11 am, 3 p.m. and 8 p.m. for the return trip pick up is 3.15 p.m., 6.15 p.m. and 10 p.m. This is really a plus point since I dont find any taxis at all at the hotel meaning if you dont have transport of your own, it will cost you a lot to call a taxi besides the hotel is in such an isolated location you will not be able to find food outlets or shops nearby at all. I read the reviews of the free shuttle service once a day to KLCC but when I was there I was informed this service is no more available, so do make use of the free shuttle service to Allamanda for your meals or shopping.

Your room will include complimentary breakfast and it was very good having such varity of Asean and Western, like nasi lemak, porridge, steamed paus, roti canai, fried mee, bread, pastries, salad, yougurt and local fruits, this is excellent. We stayed in a delux chalet and the room is big, I love the rain shower, the shampoo and bath gels are kept in attractive bottles but is not for take away, you will be charged $15 a bottle if you do, travel tooth brush with small tubes of tooth paste available too. The king size bed is huge, I think is enough to sleep 4 adults normal Asian sizes people, is very comfortable, good beds and has a mosquito netting, inside the cupboard they provided a mosquito spray but from the reviews it seems more hotel guests complained of mosquitoes but I dont find it a problem at all considering I am so sensitive to mosquitoes, there's a balcony where you can relax, read or even smoke for smokers. Theres a basin and the coffee tea making facilities makes it easy to wash your cups or cut fruits without going to the bathroom basin. A welcome fruit plate awaits you and 2 complimentary bottles of mineral water daily.,Near the bed table, you will see small green papers, inside are small complimentary chocolates and on the last day a complimentary small teddy bear from the hotel for you will be placed near your bed. For the bath room towels, they look huge and heavy fit for giant size people. You will also be given vouchers for welcome drink and you have a choice of beer, wine or soft drink.
This hotel is really quiet if that is what you want to get away from the city, is like the sounds of silence, the service is good and there are swimming pools with good views and I dont find many guests here except there was a wedding party going on, maybe is during off peak periods, on the whole I would give thumbs up for this hotel and recommend a stay, service was good and staffs did a good job.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JUDYLEE2003
Malaysia
Reviewed September 20, 2012

It was my husband's birthday and I decided to celebrate at Sembunyi Spa (Cyberview Resort) for a half day spa massage. We arrived at 3pm and was greated by the friendly front office.
I have choosen Couple Package Simple Pleasure (Body Massage and Spa Cuisine Dinner) for both of us. I added a Traditional Lulur Rub with Yoghurt & my hubby added the Relaxing Foot Massage. They close the massage session by serving us warm ginger drinks and also a desserts.
After the massage we ajourned to swimming pool, then the steam room , sauna and jacuzzi. The jacuzzi could easily fit 15 people but unfortunately for me, the one at the female room was out of order. We did not have time for the gym which is also included in the package.
Dinner was served 7pm (time specify by us). They had quiet a variety of main course & healthy fruits juices to choose from. We have baked salmon & BBQ spring chicken.

One hour massage with the hospitality and facilities cost us around RM348++ per couple.
The verdict! Good and you have to try it yourself.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cyberjaya
Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside
#6 of 9 in Putrajaya
Le Meridien Putrajaya
Le Meridien Putrajaya
#2 of 9 in Putrajaya

Been to Cyberview Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!