“Terrible - stay elsewhere if you can”

Hotel Bangi-Putrajaya
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bangi
Reviewed January 9, 2010

For the price, I shouldn't be complaining, however the rooms in this hotel are awful. I understand one tower is more renovated than the other. I stayed in the unrenovated side. The room smelled like toilet disinfectant/bug spray.
The room looked like a room you would get at a Motel 6 near an airport in the US.
The bed was terrible. When I woke up in the morning, I had bugbites all over me.
The lobby and the grounds are gorgeous -- it's just too bad that the rooms did not match up with the rest of the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed December 16, 2009

This hotel made our stay in Malaysia more & more pleasant. Let me say that it was our first time in Malaysia , and we had planned to stay in Hilton in KL city & then Cameron highland and then we were going to return to Hilton. I had seen the review of this hotel in trip advisor before.
Our stay in Hilton was ok but we didn’t enjoy that much since we were not in Kl for shopping, hence we decided to cancel our booking after return from Cameron highlands. But I told my husband let’s try Equatorial in Bangi .
We got our last minute booking and I can say that if you are driving it’s somehow difficult to find the location.
but the moment we entered Lobby we came to know that this hotel worth it . Clean rooms, fabulous food in café lavista & perfect breakfast. Friendly staff . Wonderful swimming pool & magnificent surrounding area, quick check-in ….. Only 1 thing should improve in the room … lack Mosquito net…. We wanted to have fresh air in our room instead of Ac but forget about that . Mosquitoes will eat you alive.

But anyway I wished I had booked the whole of my stay in Kl In this hotel

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank seekinglife
Reviewed November 20, 2009

For the most part the hotel is nice and service was excellent. There were some problems that I wouldn't have expected. First, there is a lot of construction nearby so there is noise from pile drivers all day? Second, two days there was no hot water in my room without a good explanation. Third, very limited tv stations are available. Food is very good, but very expensive in the hotel. Go down to the golf clubhouse restaurant...may not look like much, food and service are great. Hotel and rooms are showing some signs of wear and tear. Internet service is expensive and spotty at best.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank hperjim
An Agoda Traveler
Reviewed October 25, 2009

• Stayed: October 2009
Reviewed August 16, 2009

We stayed at this resort for a short golf getaway. Location first. Bangi is abt 30 mins away from KL, this hotel is not the best place to stay if you are looking to shop and eat in KL. We took a taxi in the morning from the hotel to Petaling St (Chinatown) and it cost abt RM$60. But the hotel is near Putrajaya, so you can take a tour around.

The hotel itself was nice and pleasant. Do try the Sat night dinner buffet at the Japanese restaurant if you can.

I don't play golf myself, so I can't comment on the state of the golf course.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2009

Excellent hotel, if people complain about distance from the airport or the city they should take either a hotel at the airport or in the city. The hotel is located midway airport and city about 30-40 minutes from both which is more than acceptable. Hotel has a free shuttle service 4 times a day to the city.
Staff is very good, food (choices) are more than enough. We stayed with 4 and had corner rooms, excellent for a family. The hotel reception is very spacious because of the high ceilings, much better than the basic reception areas you see in most hotels.
I can highly recommend this hotel, staff will do everything to make you comfortable!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank HVE
Reviewed February 24, 2009

THis is the first time for me staying in this hotel. But definitely won't be my last. Stayed at this hotel for 2 nites. Upon reaching the hotel, we were greeted by the bell boy and also the door man. We were travelling with 3 young kids. A 2yr old twin gals and a 1yr old boy. Luckily for us, the bell boy and the door man helped us out with our lugguages. The door man even parked my car and send the car key to my room! Personalised service indeed. Checking in was a breeze. Room wise met all our expectation or even exceeded.
The concierge even prepared for us a map showing the way to Putrajaya. Its for my wife to shop. Cos there weren't any shopping center nearby, so they took the initative to print out a map. (Isn't that great...)
They got a free form pool and even a kids pool. Nicely decorated.
Our breakfast at the Cafe Lavista was slightly above average. Food choices was quite limited and also a bit cold to my liking. But again the waiter and waitresses service was good.
Room service was punctual. Housekeeping was ok. They did not top up the toiletries amenities and i got to call for one.
Checking out was a breeze and I didn't have to do much to arrange my lugguage in the car as the bell boy did everything for me and he even took the trouble to cool down the interior as it ws very hot that day.
Overall; I give this hotel 2 thumbs up for their EXCELLENT service.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank tuas_tornado
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bangi
Sherwood Gateway Hotel
Palm Garden IOI Resort City
Prescott Hotel Kajang
Prescott Hotel Kajang
#4 of 7 in Kajang

Been to Hotel Bangi-Putrajaya? Share your experiences!