“Good for golf and getaway”

Hotel Bangi-Putrajaya
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bangi
Reviewed August 16, 2009

We stayed at this resort for a short golf getaway. Location first. Bangi is abt 30 mins away from KL, this hotel is not the best place to stay if you are looking to shop and eat in KL. We took a taxi in the morning from the hotel to Petaling St (Chinatown) and it cost abt RM$60. But the hotel is near Putrajaya, so you can take a tour around.

The hotel itself was nice and pleasant. Do try the Sat night dinner buffet at the Japanese restaurant if you can.

I don't play golf myself, so I can't comment on the state of the golf course.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 22, 2009

Excellent hotel, if people complain about distance from the airport or the city they should take either a hotel at the airport or in the city. The hotel is located midway airport and city about 30-40 minutes from both which is more than acceptable. Hotel has a free shuttle service 4 times a day to the city.
Staff is very good, food (choices) are more than enough. We stayed with 4 and had corner rooms, excellent for a family. The hotel reception is very spacious because of the high ceilings, much better than the basic reception areas you see in most hotels.
I can highly recommend this hotel, staff will do everything to make you comfortable!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank HVE
Reviewed February 24, 2009

THis is the first time for me staying in this hotel. But definitely won't be my last. Stayed at this hotel for 2 nites. Upon reaching the hotel, we were greeted by the bell boy and also the door man. We were travelling with 3 young kids. A 2yr old twin gals and a 1yr old boy. Luckily for us, the bell boy and the door man helped us out with our lugguages. The door man even parked my car and send the car key to my room! Personalised service indeed. Checking in was a breeze. Room wise met all our expectation or even exceeded.
The concierge even prepared for us a map showing the way to Putrajaya. Its for my wife to shop. Cos there weren't any shopping center nearby, so they took the initative to print out a map. (Isn't that great...)
They got a free form pool and even a kids pool. Nicely decorated.
Our breakfast at the Cafe Lavista was slightly above average. Food choices was quite limited and also a bit cold to my liking. But again the waiter and waitresses service was good.
Room service was punctual. Housekeeping was ok. They did not top up the toiletries amenities and i got to call for one.
Checking out was a breeze and I didn't have to do much to arrange my lugguage in the car as the bell boy did everything for me and he even took the trouble to cool down the interior as it ws very hot that day.
Overall; I give this hotel 2 thumbs up for their EXCELLENT service.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank tuas_tornado
An Agoda Traveler
Reviewed January 30, 2009

• Stayed: January 2009
Reviewed October 7, 2007

We stayed at the Equatorial Bangi for 4 nights in late August because a conference I was speaking at was being held at a nearby university. We had most recently stayed at the Palace of the Golden Horses, which is *supposed* to be a much better hotel, but we would take the Equatorial Bangi over that one anytime. The room was pleasant, very clean, comfortable, and with a large bathroom. We had a small balcony overlooking the gardens and jungle/hill area behind. The landscaping around the pool was very nicely done. Lobby area is large and airy. The restaurants are excellent -- we had a wonderful sushi lunch at Kampachi, and the breakfast and dinner buffets at Café Lavista were incredible! Which is good, because there is really not much else around. Getting into KL is not hard, but a little pricey because you really need to take a taxi. But the staff is happy to help you arrange whatever you need. If you don't mind being outside of KL, this is a great place to stay and relax.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank JSPMadison
Reviewed January 3, 2007

I booked this hotel as a stopover for one night for my family and everyone was disappointed that I had'nt booked it for longer. Its a superb hotel with really friendly staff , good facilities and is located in very pleasant surroundings. It is quite a distance from KL City centre but this would not stop me from staying there again. Over the last 16yrs we have stayed in many hotels in Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand and Sarawak and I would certainly rate the Equatorial as being in the top 3. On this trip we had just stayed at the Traders Hotel in Penang and we were moving on to the Royale Bintang in KL and both were adequate but disappointing compared to the Equatorial. I would reccommend it to anyone travelling to KL who might want to experience an excellent Hotel outside of the hustle and bustle of the city centre.

Stayed: November 2006
2  Thank johnnyd57uk
Reviewed February 28, 2006

We used this hotel for a stopover of one night on our way home to Australia. The hotel was a little bit far from the Airport but this would not have mattered if the shuttle ran more frequently, it only ran every couple of hours, so for our 8.00a.m. check in at the airport we had to leave in the shuttle at 6.00a.m. The hotel itself was great. The breakfast was really fantastic with a great selection of food. The rooms were great and each had a balcony and table and chairs outside. We were on the groud floor. The pool was wonderful as were the grounds. We saw a lot of airline crews staying here. The service was ok but nothing to write home about, in fact we ate dinner at the hotel which was ok and the price was fine but the service was very slow!!

6  Thank claky
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bangi
Sherwood Gateway Hotel
Palm Garden IOI Resort City
Prescott Hotel Kajang
Prescott Hotel Kajang
#4 of 7 in Kajang

Been to Hotel Bangi-Putrajaya? Share your experiences!