Stayed for 2 nights with extended family in July 2013.
Check-in: Terribly slow service and they lost one of our bookings. We arrived at 4 pm but they told us our rooms were not ready. When we asked if they were full, the staff nonchalantly replied: oh only about 8 check-ins today.. Why our room was not ready despite it being so empty is beyond comprehension.
Rooms: We booked 3 suites, but I would say don't bother. These are just bigger rooms with no additional benefits. Furniture is extremely dates, floor felt grimy, and one of the doors was not working and requires some serious brute force to open. The corridors were full of bugs and very creepy at night.
Facilities: There was a children's fun pool complete with slides and water features, but this was very poorly maintained and the water features were not turned on during the weekdays. Only on Saturday did we realise the features actually worked. They give you a towel card which entitles you to towels, but again, no towels by the children's pool on weekdays. So basically they do not treat weekday guests like guests.
Service: TERRIBLE. Very tardy. We requested a cot in our room, and this was clearly specified on the booking. To no one's surprise at all, the cot was not there when we arrived. We would've called housekeeping at this point except the phone was not working. When we finally made the call by using the phone next door, we were told the cot was not included in our package.
This was when I felt like I was flying a budget airline, as everything, and I mean everything was chargeable. It's reasonable and standard practice to charge for a cot or extra bed, but towels? extra blanket? Even borrowing the ironing board for an hour will set you back RM30.
Room was not made up at 4 pm the next day, and we got sick of waiting so just requested for new towels instead.
Food: Once again, breakfast not included. It is a complete waste of money as the 'buffet' was the worst breakfast buffet I've ever had. There were maybe about 5-6 dishes in total, along with some stale bread. They don't even provide cereal. Milk was obtained from the milk jug used to make coffee. The only edible things are the eggs from the egg station.
All in all, a terrible experience and there is no way we will be back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fronting Damai Beach at the foot of Mount Santubong in Kuching, Malaysia, Damai Puri Resort & Spa spans 207 elegant guestrooms, and boasts a Spa Village, 600-capacity ballroom, exhaustive recreation facilities, and 2 restaurants and 3 bars. It also hosts numerous activities for kids, couples, leisure travelers, and big groups. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Damai Puri Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Damai Puri Hotel Kuching
- Damai Puri Resort And Spa
- Damai Puri Resort & Spa Kuching, Sarawak