The trip back home was purposely booked 1 day earlier to surprise my husband as our 2nd wedding anniversary present. We arrived at Damai Puri at 11:30 am, although I did specify that we might check in early, our room wasn't ready. No worries, we were recommended to have an early lunch by the manager there, so we went downstairs to Elements. The restaurant was empty, we had the big space all to ourselves. After settling down at our table, hubby pointed out the cutlery on our table was not thoroughly clean, and 1 of the knives had a rusty spot. Immediately called our waiter to change the sets. Furniture used looks tired and outdated (or do they want to bring a "rustic" look to the restaurant, i don't know) but clean. We had a very nice medium-sized home made pizza. The waiter was friendly but a little absent-minded; asked for iced water, he came back with 2 glasses of plain water with a bowl of ice??
Went upstairs after we had our lunch to check in. Staff was friendly and helpful, we were initially given the ground floor pool view room, but they agreed when we requested for a higher floor. View was spectacular, room was adequate but our floor was not properly cleaned as it felt sticky.
Went for a walk at the beach in the evening, I love Permai beach and have went to countless picnics next door (Kem Permai's jungle pool) and the infinity pool was a genius addition to the already gorgeous private stretch. Stayed outside to watch the sunset before returning to our room. Surprised my hubby to a balcony dining (booked in advance), the team came to set up our table at our balcony. The portion was HUGE, and delicious...we had to take a break after we were done with our appetizers and entrees! All the dishes were put in a heater, in our case the heater just acted as a storing place for our dishes since there were no extra electrical plugs to plug in, but no worries it stayed warm enough throughout dinner.
Breakfast the next day was at Elements, a fairly range of selections but all the food was not hot! I hate cold beans....I think I wasted so much food during breakfast, leaving a plate after another unfinished.
Check out was quick and easy, they do provide transportation to and from Kch for RM12 per pax. We requested to be dropped off just before Kch to meet up with my sister. Overall, a very nice place, gorgeous view, friendly and quick service, but still has room for improvement.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fronting Damai Beach at the foot of Mount Santubong in Kuching, Malaysia, Damai Puri Resort & Spa spans 207 elegant guestrooms, and boasts a Spa Village, 600-capacity ballroom, exhaustive recreation facilities, and 2 restaurants and 3 bars. It also hosts numerous activities for kids, couples, leisure travelers, and big groups. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Damai Puri Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Damai Puri Hotel Kuching
- Damai Puri Resort And Spa
- Damai Puri Resort & Spa Kuching, Sarawak