We stayed for one night because Permai next door did not have a cabin available until the next day. There was a total of approx. 6 guests in this huge place, which made it kind of creepy... We had a drink at the bar and ate in the buffet restaurant all by ourselves (both quite expensive by the way)!
The Cons: The Chinese restaurant was closed and the seafood restaurant was catering to a couple on the beach (finally - more people!), no other guests allowed. The pool was quite dirty, I wanted to take a swim and realized how cloudy the water was when I just dived in, sorry, really disgusting. All in all, there are no guests, so it seems like they do not bother with opening/cleaning all facilities too much. No idea what came first... I would never want to spend my entire vacation there, really creepy, but maybe it gets more crowded on weekends.
To end with the good points: The room (superior with balcony) was very clean, everything recently built/renovated. The location is great for Damai Beach, Sarawak Cultural Village and tours to Bako. The staff is nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fronting Damai Beach at the foot of Mount Santubong in Kuching, Malaysia, Damai Puri Resort & Spa spans 207 elegant guestrooms, and boasts a Spa Village, 600-capacity ballroom, exhaustive recreation facilities, and 2 restaurants and 3 bars. It also hosts numerous activities for kids, couples, leisure travelers, and big groups. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your Damai Puri Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Damai Puri Hotel Kuching
- Damai Puri Resort And Spa
- Damai Puri Resort & Spa Kuching, Sarawak