Village House is a fantastic place to stay and was definately one of the highlights of a recent trip to Malaysia. We stayed for 3 nights in Oct 08 and had a great time. Rooms are well appointed with ensuite and air conditioning, evening meals were some of the best we experienced on our trip and our hosts very friendly, and helpful.
Mountain bikes are available free of charge and the Damai area (cultural village, beaches and jungle walks) is easily accessible either by pedal or by shuttle bus (which the hosts will happily arrange).
The property is situated on the outskirts of a quiet village (easy walking distance to small shops) with the beach around 100 meters away.
We also stayed at Singahsana Lodge in Kuching (same owners), which is probably a better base for kayaking, Semmengoh and Bako, but Village House is a great spot for a more relaxing stay away from the city.
For the price, you would struggle to find anything better - would definately recommend this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden down a dusty track, just 100metres from the beach in the friendly village of Santubong, The Village House offers the tranquility and service that most travelers crave. The traditional Malay-style stilted rooms and the many chill out areas are decorated using local materials and Sarawakian handicrafts, and this together with the warm and friendly staff ensures that you too feel the welcoming hospitality for which Sarawak is famous. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Village House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village House Hotel Kuching
- The Village House Kuching, Sarawak