Review Highlights
Brilliant day our Being One with Nature

We recently took part in the Be One With Nature day trip which included a hike through rainforest... read more

Reviewed September 5, 2019
RainbirdM
Kent, United Kingdom
Hiking Jahnam Waterfall

Great Hiking Experience. Flying off around 10.00 am and reach the peak at around 12.00pm. After a... read more

Reviewed July 4, 2019
syamsiahTan

All reviews pre trip positive impression remote village day trip abbie kampung waterfall bamboo insight nature knowledge borneo hike culture
Selected filters
Reviewed July 17, 2017 via mobile

Amazing experience to immerse yourself in the simple life surrounded by beautiful nature and lovely locals in the village. Abbie and Dawson were our guides and translators and made our stay in the village run so smoothly and were awesome people to engage with!

Date of experience: July 2017
BackyardTourMalaysia, Manager at Backyard Tour, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2017

Thank you Jess for the review. So honored to have you enjoying yourself last week. Keep in touch ya.

Reviewed July 15, 2017 via mobile

Great experience. Well organised. Would not have been possible to have the same level of cultural immersion without Abbie & Dawson.

Date of experience: July 2017

Thanks Max for giving us such a good review. We enjoyed our time you and we hope you keep in touch with us.

Reviewed April 18, 2017 via mobile

Thank you BackyarTour for your trip for us. Its very memorable for me. Fun and enjoyable. I get knowledge more closure about Kuching's nature. Hope you will be on a best track. Me hoping more interesting place if i have chance to repeat trip in Sarawak again.

Good luck backyard tour.

1  Thank Aryanti Y
BackyardTourMalaysia, Manager at Backyard Tour, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2017

Hi Aryanti,

Thank you for your honest review. We have more 'backyards' to discover, so hope to see you again next time!

Reviewed April 6, 2017 via mobile

I scheduled 2 days-trip with Backyard Tour with my twin sister after I've reviewed the tours offered. I wanted to explore nearby forest, waterfall and caves.

Day 1 trip, we departed at early morning heading to Bau. 1st destination was Serikin Market, where I can buy "batik traditional", handcraff made from sarawakian and souvenirs for my family members at affordable price. Then, we explored Fairy Cave, Bau. After that, we had a boat cruise at Blue Lake. I love the view at Blue Lake.

Day 2 trip, we departed at early morning heading to Semenggoh to meet Orang Utan during feeding by the rangers. It was my 1st experience to get closed with Orang Utan. I still can remember how tough they are but still sweet to have the foods among themselves. Then, we departed to Sadir Village. We trekked with local guide about 20-30 minutes to reach at Mabi Waterfall. I still can feel the cold waterfall. Its so refreshed. After that we learned tradional native Bidayuh's cooking, prepared by local guide. I felt glad that Abbie and Lawrence can serve us Halal meals. While waiting for the foods ready, we had the conversations to share about local people surrounding. After done with meals, we departed to Annah Rais Bidayuh Long House. We explored the long house where the people still practice traditional lifestyle. Love to see the people there.

I really recommended to join Backyard Tour for those who loves to get closed to nature, green view, waterfalls and traditional village.

Reviewed April 3, 2017

After a long time, finally had my trips with dear one. A fascinating trips to Serikin where you can buy anything from the border between 2 country. And then to Fairy Cave, a beautiful cave with its own myths that I only heard from the old folks. And the infamous Tasik Biru ( Blue Lake ),with legend and history behind it existing.Took a boat around the lake, can see how big is the lake and how blue it water,where it get it name. Really enjoy my one day trips. It definitely a worthy trips to enjoy with friends or family. Releasing my stress over works and get back to nature.
#endorphinsrelease