We stayed here in March / April 2011 and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Contrary to some reviews it's a wonderful place to be and we couldn't complain in any way about the treetop cabin we were put in. You won't get a 5* wooden hut in the jungle for pennies, so why expect it - that's just daft!. If you want that then don't go on holiday. The accommodation is appropriate for the country and whilst outr views of the sea were a little hidden by the trees it was wonderful none the less. The food on site was simply delicious and we became so addicted to the banana pancakes for breakfast we now have them at home on weekends! The staff are so friendly it's untrue and the shuttle service to the airport and the nearby town is both convenient and good value for money. If you want a get awa with solitude and an eco friendly slant then this is a fab place to stay. We only wished we'd stayed longer than 4 days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Permai Rainforest Resort is an eco-resort set in pristine Borneo rainforest located by the beach at the foot of mystical Mount Santubong, Sarawak. Carefully designed to minimize impact on the natural environment, it offers a unique rainforest experience and a variety of activities from dolphin watching to high ropes courses and guided kayaking tours. Just 40 minutes from the Kuching, its an ideal way to experience Borneo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Permai Rainforest Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Permai Rainforest Hotel Kuching
- Permai Rainforest Resort Kuching, Sarawak