We stayed in a tree house. At night we opened up all the windows (the screens kept the mossies out) and slept in the jungle air. The sounds of the jungle at night were quite noisy. But it was cool enough to sleep, lovely for us as we live in Singapore and use aircon every night!
The cafe was a nice setting, the food was awesome. There were no ants at any table we sat at, but did notice some around some spilled juice at another table. The battle with ants can never be won, and given that is was an outdoor restaurant in the middle of the jungle it was ok.
We saw monkeys from out treehouse verandah. We went to the cultural village which was within walking distance, food there was great and the performance in the theatre excellent.
It was relaxing to be in the jungle and 3 days was enough to unwind and relax, any more and you might get bored. The mountain was an amazing sight and the area very pretty.
The jungle pool was cool and no pool chairs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Permai Rainforest Resort is an eco-resort set in pristine Borneo rainforest located by the beach at the foot of mystical Mount Santubong, Sarawak. Carefully designed to minimize impact on the natural environment, it offers a unique rainforest experience and a variety of activities from dolphin watching to high ropes courses and guided kayaking tours. Just 40 minutes from the Kuching, its an ideal way to experience Borneo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Permai Rainforest Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Permai Rainforest Hotel Kuching
- Permai Rainforest Resort Kuching, Sarawak