5 of us (me, husband, daughter and my elderly parents) stayed at Somerset for two nights in feb 2010. We liked this hotel very much. Its clean, spacious, comfortable with good amenities. The living room was lovely with nice beige sofa, kitchen was basic but good enough for a short stay. The room even had washing machine and dryer although it didn’t work when we tried to use it. We decided not to be bothered as not to spoil our holidays. We stayed in a two bedrooms apartments, the master bedroom was quiet spacious although the 2nd room was a bit small and the downside was there was only one bathroom to be used by everyone of us.
The front desk staff were friendly and very helpful. My husband left his handphone in the airport taxi while we were on our way to the apartment. The staff were kind and helpful enough to call the taxi operators and paged the driver of the taxi. And the handphone was returned in less than half in hour and we were very grateful.
The apartment is in close proximity with the most famous seafood restaurant in Kuching called Top Spot sea food restaurant. Its located adjacent to the apartment, you just need to go down to 2nd floor, go through the glass door, enter the multistories carparks, go one level up and there it is. So for seafood lovers, this is the opportunity that shouldn’t be missed.
Breakfast is simple but what do you expect for RM14 per person. There is no bell boy to carry your luggage so you have to do it yourselves. The lobby was at the 4th floor so once you arrived, you need to get to the lift with your luggage and go up to 4th floor to check in. Again nobody helped you with your luggage and you have to maneuver your luggge through the narrow corridor to reach the lift to your room. But we are quiet happy with the room so no complain there.
The apartment is located in a hilly area of Kuching and 15 minutes away by foot to Kuching Waterfront. The location is rather good since there were a lot of places to eat at the nearby area.
Internet is free, the front desk staff will inform you of the password for their wi-fi. Very nice!
We like it here and we don’t mind staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ariva Gateway Kuching is nestled in the heart of Sarawak's Golden Triangle. It is a well appointed twin tower complex integrating modern offices and serviced residences from hotel rooms to well equipped apartments within the Central Business District. It is centrally located within a myriad of major shops, international restaurants and entertainment center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Fastbooking, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ariva Gateway Kuching reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ariva Gateway Kuching Hotel Kuching
- Somerset Gateway Kuching
- Somerset Gateway Hotel Kuching
- Ariva Gateway Kuching Sarawak