“I would use it again”

Ranked #15 of 55 Hotels in Kuching
Newport
“I would use it again”
Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is comfortable with very nice attentive staff. Rooms are large and fairly well set out. TV station selection is poor. WiFi is free but drops out often. Bathrooms are a bit tired but functional. The hotel is back from the main town, but not too far to walk. Views from the rooms are quite good. Overall is is clean and tidy and breakfast is OK.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Reviewed January 11, 2013

stay here only when my 1st choice is fully book.
Good location and value for money. Did not really check out the other facilities here. It near to town and there's a lot of taxi nearby so getting around should not be a problem.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank KW1700
Reviewed December 14, 2012

This was my first visit to Kuching with my family. Location was convenient. Most of the interesting places were within walking distance. Disappointed with the swimming pool. No children's pool. The pool starts at 4 feet depth, younger children not encouraged to play there, I guess.. The pool was empty when I checked in, no one was manning the distribution of the pool towels. Another point is the TV channel offerings. Should at least consider 5 main Astro channels - Cartoon, CNN, Discovery, Movie and ESPN. At present only Movie, sports, and news. Staff was polite and helpful. We were lucky that we had friends staying there to take us around if not, not much activities to be done in the hotel.

• Stayed December 2012
Bintulu, Malaysia
Reviewed November 29, 2012

When we arrived at this hotel, it was lunch time and because my daughter need to sit for a test soon after lunch, so for convenient sake, we decide to have our lunch at this hotel restaurant. In my mind, the food in hotel restaurant is always more expensive compared to outside restaurants.
The waiters are very friendly and helpful. He recommended us their hot deals which is of very reasonably price. While waiting for the food, we were served with the welcoming drinks. My whole family is very happy and satisfy with that meals.

The hotel rooms which we are staying are big and clean. We are again surprised by the free fruits sent to our rooms.

The swimming pool is quite nice also. My children did enjoy it.

There is also a lobby (I forgot it is on which floor) where free beverage and cookies etc were
provided free. The place is quite spacious and there are also some magazines and a TV there. My kids love to spend their time there.

There are also a few restaurants within walking distant opposite the hotel. But unfortunately,
there isn't any shopping complex or any entertainment center nearby.

For me, I feel satisfy with this hotel and may come back to it again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank lkluk
Miri, Malaysia
Reviewed October 14, 2012

This hotel dont have any entertaiment.People came here i see only goverment staff to meeting or attend a course.Location not bad.Near to china town.I mean you have to walk 10 minute to get Padungan area.Secret Recipe not very far.Room that i stayed very big.1 queen size and single bed.For me this hotel not suitable for person that want to go shopping.Because this hotel not at central area.

Room Tip: Choose a non smoking room.Very smelly like they dont wash that room
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank amilism
Sri Aman, Malaysia
Reviewed September 3, 2012

This hotel is not in my priority list, but since my mother prefer a hotel closer to her favourite hangout, I decided to give it another shot for one night on 31 August.

Surprisingly, for our visit this time, the service has improved. Kudos to the staffs, especially the guy who won the August Employee of the Month. Now, this is the kind of little things that would make us return to the hotel.

However, we had a nightmare for breakfast the next day (1 September). The food in the buffet line depleted even faster than one can say 'kia-su'. Well, there's a certain association who celebrated their 40th anniversary in this hotel, and I can conclude that they milked out every single cent the spend on the hotel successfully during the breakfast (I think they forgot other people paid for their food, too). Their table manners and good attitudes was nowhere to be fund, and they put Sylvia Fine and other world class gourmand to shame with their multiple serving mountainous heap of food on their plates. Worst, some hogged the buffet table (yes, they ate in the buffet line) for easy access for extra food. If I were to belong to this kind of people, I would rather die than to live in embarrassment.

Having said that, I think the staff should take a proactive measure during this kind of situation. The breakfast itself was decent, but other guests made our morning a horrifying experience.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mb0urne
Ampang
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night. I checked in at 7pm and was given the room at 10th floor. Had a good view of Kuching city, well just a small part of the city as the hotel is located approximately 20 minutes walk from the Kuching Riverfront Hotel. The hotel is located approximately 15 minutes from the airport, without traffic.

There are a few restaurants across the main road and is approximately 5-10 minutes walk from the hotel. You can find mamak restaurants, mediterranean restaurants, secrets recipes, chinese restaurants and 7 eleven.

There is no spa at the hotel as they said it is under renovation.

Breakfast was decent with local and western cuisine.

The Super Deluxe room is spacious enough for 2 person, in fact can fit 4 person at a time but the toilet was small. Toilet has very basic toiletries with a bathtub.

Overall experience for 1 night - Satisfying.

Room Tip: Stay at higher floor for better view
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business