I decided to go for a weekend vacay with the family, so, I decided to give Grand Continental another try. I used to stay here for a course a few years back, but it wasn't memorable.
We booked a family room and was given a room on the 10th floor. The room wasn't too bad, but it didn't have that 'wow!' factor. They still use old 21-inch TV with limited available channel, the shower curtain needs some improvement, the room service menu is extremely limited, and I think they forgot to give us the newspaper on Saturday morning.
As we were busy going around Kuching for the whole Saturday, we didn't have the opportunity to maximise the use of the facilities. However, the breakfast menu was decent with a variety of local cuisines, breads and fruits. Just the standard menu. Nothing special.
I think the most important aspect that the management needs to take care of is the staff attitude. Sure, we don't expect them to flash us the pageantry-smile the whole time, but a little smile and warmth in their voice would be satisfying. All questions I asked to the front desk staff are answered with some monotonous generic answer that they must have said over and over again that when it comes to my turn asking, she must have got a bit bored and pissed off. I'm sorry, Ms. Shirley (if I was not mistaken), but I think each customer needs to be given attention personally and please be more sincere, not robotic.
Having said that, would I recommend the hotel to others? Sure, why not.
Would I return for another stay? May be not. Other hotels offer better room and services.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located within the central business and shopping district of Kuching,this business-class hotel offers well-appointed, spacious and comfortable Borneo-styled rooms for the discerning traveller. Banquet and Conference facilities able to accommodate up to 500 persons, Gala Dinner. Resort-feel Poolside to unwind after a long day at the Office or sightseeing in Kuching. International & Ethnic Sarawak Cuisine offered at the 24-hour Coffee House and In-Room Dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotel.de, Ctrip TA, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Hotel Grand Continental Kuching reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Continental Kuching
- Hotel Grand Continental Kuching Sarawak