“Nice waterfall & viewpoint”

Kubah National Park
Ranked #10 of 87 things to do in Kuching
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Nice waterfall & viewpoint”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

I caught the bus to Kubah National Park and hiked to the waterfall and to the viewpoint. The bus was very easy to catch as you just go to the main bus terminal and tell them you want to go to Kubah. It was only about 3 Ringgit each way. Both of them were nice treks, and I was prepared not to see any wildlife after reading previous reviews. The waterfall was pretty and very peaceful, and the viewpoint allows you to look out onto the sea. Overall, I enjoyed myself but I definitely think Bako National Park should be ranked higher than Kubah as Bako offers more wildlife variety and more trekking variety. So, if you only have time for one I recommend Bako. The nice part about Kubah was that it was mostly empty while I was there, so it felt like I had the entire park to myself. I was wearing sandals though (which is my own fault for wearing sandals hiking) and I did have to deal with a couple leeches. So, be careful about leeches there, especially after it rains - I don't think there are a lot but there are a few!

Visited April 2013

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Kubah National Park”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

Was awesome especially Matang Wildlife Centre - they are doing amazing conservation work and are constantly expanding and improving. Surreal settings and amazing people.... can't ask for anything more! (Take your mozzy spray though!!)

Visited March 2013
1 Thank LJB225
Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“nice small national park”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

only 30-45min bus drive to the park: bus number 21(politeknik) from the main bus station near the big mosque in kuching (8 am, 4RM pP).

20 RM entry fee per person.

Summit trail: very exhausting uphill trek on a concrete road. it took us 1,5 hours to go up but afterwards we were really exhausted. 45 min down. we had a nice view at the top. if you want to do this trail definitely do it in the beginning!

waterfall trail: 30min easy trekking to a really nice waterfall! you can swim there. apparently the current is quite strong in the main rainy season (jan-feb).

selang trail: we did the walk starting from the waterfall trail. it took 30 min to reach the view point (nice view) and then 30 min to the parks headquarter. the last part was mostly steep downhill steps, so we suppose its a challenging uphill hike if you start on the other end (at the headquater) :)

you can also walk the raya trail to the wildlife center, but we didnt have time for that. the last bus goes back around 3 pm. make sure to be at the station minimum 10 min earlier. if you miss the bus the park can call you a driver (40 per vehicle).

Visited March 2013
5 Thank 430travel
Kuala Lumpur
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Beautiful Park, Filthy Picnic Area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

After visiting the Matang Wildlife Centre, I brought my family to the stream for a dip. The water was beautiful and the local families barbecuing at the stream were friendly. However, it was disappointing to see heaps of rubbish everywhere that attracted flies and even domestic cats! Perhaps there should be huge signs reminding picnickers to bring their rubbish home.

Visited February 2013
Singapore, Singapore
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“What a place...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

I took the public bus service to Kubah National Park and had the best time in Kuching...
Made my way to the bus terminal in the morning to catch the K21 service.
To Kubah timing: 8am, 11am, 2pm, 4.30pm.
Back: 6.30m, 9.30am, 12.30pm, 3.30pm.
Bus timing is an estimate and buses do come and leave early.
My bus to Kubah left town at 10.50am and my return bus came at 3.10pm.
Fee is collected by the bus driver who double as a conductor and is 4RM each way.
You do not need to alight or drop off at a busstop...just tell the driver where you need to drop and he will do as told. The ride each way is about 45-60 minutes. Bus is comfortable and air conditioned.
The park itself is big and relaxing. I did not spot any wildlife but was preoccupied with all the plants. While i was there, it rained heavily but i continued my plans to track to the waterfall. It was a short walk and i did not see anybody at the place except for the entrance park warden.
I enjoyed the quiet and peaceful environment and had the whole place to myself! It takes about an hour to reach the waterfall and i had my lunch of packed meals/snacks there. After that, it was a quick track back to the main road to catch the K21 back to town. The bus came (early) just as i reached the main road and i managed to flagged it down about a hundred meters away from the bus stop! An hour or so later, i arrived back in town with fond memories of the great day out.

Visited December 2012