“Borneo Oasis Wellness Centre”

Borneo Oasis Wellness Centre
Reviewed March 17, 2013

This review is about the spa centre inside Hilton. So if you ever think of trying out the spa, please be warned!

I am very & wildly dissatisfied with the service provided by one of your merchant: BORNEO OASIS WELLNESS CENTRE, Kuching, Sarawak. I utilised the Groupon voucher for a 2 hours massage on 16th March 2013. Instead of a 2 hours massage, I was short change with only a 40 minutes massage & 10 minutes scrub on the account that I had come in late. For the record, I came on time at 6pm for my 6pm appointment, but it took them 15 minutes to get ready the room, by the time the massage starts, it was 6.20pm. Then the girl finish massage, went away to get the body scrub stuff and proceed to scrub my back. When she finishes the back scrub, she went away again, I look at the time, it was 7.20pm. I waited in the cold room for a good 10 minutes before she came back and proceed to scrub my front and again went away for 10 minutes. By 7.45pm, she asks me to take a shower to clean up and proceed to wait at the lounge. I ask her if it was for the foot massage, she said no, it was already incorporated into the body massage earlier. By then, I was already furious but kept my cool and tell her that this is cheating; u started 15 minutes late & finishes 30 minutes earlier and forfeited my 20 minutes of foot massage. She accused me coming in late and say will check the CCTV to confirm my arrival time. At that time, I thought it was the staff lacks the integrity and interest to properly honour the Groupon deal, so I demanded to speak to the owner.

After I clean up, they gave me the supervisor’s contact number, Liza, which I tried to call, first 2 times, nobody answered, 3rd times, she switched off the phone, probably being tipped off by the staff that 1 angry customer is about to complain to them. So I asked for the owner’s number, they told me he is Kota Kinabalu, and I demanded the number again. Rest assure that I will not leave the premise before speaking my mind out to the owner. I managed to speak to the owner, Daniel after several times calling. The following event is what you will normally expect from a regular employee, not the owner themselves.

I was calm when I explain to Daniel, the owner, my situation and dissatisfaction as the whole time, it was in my mind that it is the employee’s lack of integrity that causes this situation to arise, but not this case. Before I can finish my explanation, he cut me off abruptly and say that so far nobody has complain before, I am the first case, and this is how they have been doing all these while. He told me that if I want full service, pay the full price. If you are not happy, just complain to Groupon and ask for refund from them. To say that he is very rude and unprofessional, it is an understatement.

He had stated clearly in Groupon the 2 hours massage consist of 1 hours full body massage, 40 minutes scrub & 20 minutes foot massage for RM 118 for 2 person. From my own calculation, I have only gotten probably 30 minutes or the most 40 minutes of massage & 10 minutes of scrub. The service rendered is less than 1 hour. 5-star service? It’s an overstatement & a joke. The Owner, DANIEL, need a proper education about providing 5-star service, his own integrity, business ethics and basic communication manners, which he severely lacks.

I have used other services under Groupon and so far, they kept their promise and delivered the service as advertise, so Daniel, if you can’t afford to offer your over-rated “5-star service” in Groupon, please don’t. It is a bad merchant like you that spoils the Groupon market.

29  Thank Jill_Kch