“SUPER FUN!!”
Review of Kuching Kayaking

Kuching Kayaking
More attraction details
Owner description: Kuching Kayak is located in the beautiful city of Kuching in the “Land of Rivers”, Sarawak, Malaysia. Run and operated by Francis Ho, an architect by profession, who as an avid and passionate kayaker is sharing the beauty, joys and pleasures he has discovered paddling on these beautiful waters.So if you are thinking of a Sarawak trip and you want to experience Sarawak in your travels in Borneo - this is the authentic totally non-touristy experience thing to do when you are in Kuching. See our rain forests and jungles - from the perspective of the river.
Reviewed June 11, 2013

This was definitely the most exciting part of my trip. The kayaking was actually part of a package deal and since it was the list thing in the list of things to do i expected it to be quite relaxed. But I was pleasantly surprised. The trip on the river was about 11 km and took us around a couple of hours to complete as there was a stop point to see some kind of waterfall. I must warn you that this is my first time on a kayak My instructor wasn't on the same kayak as me so often just gave me random and not so frequent instructions and left it to me and my kayak partner to figure out how to ride the kayak (this was the down side of the trip). However, i must agree that the challenges in the 'kayaking' aspect of the trip added to the fun and reduces the monotony. It took me a while to learn to ride it on my own , so did not really enjoy the nature around for the first km or so. But after that it is truly amazing (trees, some rock and limestone formations)..the small rapids in the middle of the river added to the fun :) The lunch was also quite tasty and especially the dragon fruit they served was amazing!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

If you do only one thing in Sarawak, then paddle a boat through the jungle, pull in to a tributary and swim in a plunge pool under a waterfall, paddle close to the shore under rocky overhangs and enormous trees, stop for lunch at a beautiful kampong, then continue for another two hours. Sensory overload hits just as the end is in sight, this is a perfectly balanced trip for anyone fit enough to walk up and down a flight of fifteen or twenty steps, from there on you can make it as easy or strenuous as you want. Plaster on the sunblock and wear a hat, but don't worry too much about the insect repellent, this is everything good you imagined about the jungle, and almost nothing bad. The guides and organisation were first rate, and the day was one to be treasured. Thank you.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

How best to experience the sights ad sounds of a jungle river? By Kayak.
The peace and tranquillity suround you as you gently drif or padle down stream.
It's nice to have a dip in the river when it gets too hot. Really enjoyed the lunch stop at the Kampong - great food.
Francis and his right hand man James do a great job.
RECCOMMENDED.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

We booked a date before we arrived and Francis was very prompt with his emails. He provided us with the information to ensure that we had a fantastic experience. We were picked up from our hotel on time and James our driver answered all the questions that were put to him along the way. Our guides were experienced and informative with knowledge of the area. We were a group of eight with four kids aged between 7-12, and the guides kept closest watch on the less experienced paddlers. We all thoroughly enjoyed our kayaking experience in the peaceful and tranquil water...not another tourist in sight! We had two children with peanut/nut allergies and they were catered for which was an added bonus, and the fresh pineapple was an absolute treat. The only slight negative was in the advertising which indicated the day would be from 8:00 until 4:00. That nearly turned us off doing it as we thought it would be too much for the kids. As we had plenty of breaks, it was a good amount of time, so it might be a good idea to advertise that trips are flexible depending on ability. We would definitely recommend that you include this trip. Thanks Francis, James and Beko!

2  Thank TeamAperth
Reviewed January 7, 2013

A MUST when visiting Kuching , I think I have done 6 trips so far . and I love it ever time . This company was the original company that started the kayaking tour . They are very professional and the staffs are fantastic. The organiser pick you up from your hotel or where ever you are staying . The kayaking can be as easy as you want or if you want a bit more of a work out . you can explore the little inlets or just paddle zig zag and have some fun.

what i love about it
1)During the rest swim areas - bring some bread to feed the little fish , when the water is clear i love to see the fish coming to eat the bread.
2) During lunch bring some small change, you might be ale to buy some freshly picked durian !! , the local village offer it to us for free but we tip them anyway.
3) During rest swim time see if you can find a prawn among the suken bamboo
4) Take lots of photos.

Have fun. go on , explore Kuching !

1  Thank Michael_NguyenPerth