“catch the local bus”

48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 103 helpful votes
“catch the local bus”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Awesome looking mountain. Due to travelling with family members we did not have the opportunity to really explore, however if you travel on the public bus you will get rewarded with brilliant views of 3 sides.

1 Thank ydd60

14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“The beauty of Sarawak.”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Clean fresh air at the foot of the mountains and the rolling sea waves of The South China Sea, seen from the Santubong shores.

Visited November 2013
kuala lumpur
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Mount Santubong -”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

It was such thrill for me as I didn't do so much of exercise to keep my fitness level. I went there with a group of FB group friends. Coincidentally the trip was arranged during World Rainforest Festival. We reached early (before 8am) and started climbing via Bukit Puteri. We paid RM8 per person for the permit. I was told that there were other routes that are less steep. Bukit Puteri route is the hardest but we have no choice but to climb up asap because few members were about to leave Kuching at 5pm. We have to reach the peak at 11pm and must reach the Bukit Puteri check point before 2pm.The first few steps were pretty hard (for not-so-fit-person). I was about to give up at first but still continued. Then, there were more ropes to depend on and more rope ladder to step on. There was no wind to cool down and it was damn hot. It took less 3 hours for us to reach the peak. 3 hours with many stops to take photos. Top view was splendid especially seeing the South China Sea 360's view. There was a crafted stone up there. For me, the highlight of Santubong is the rope ladders with 90 degree steep. Only one person at one time. So it will be jammed pack if you start late. By the way, you need to be confident seeing the height. We reached Bukit Puteri check point around 1.30pm.

3 Thank haizdarr
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Moderate level for a short female like me”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

More information and photos can be found via my blog : www.pinparadise.blogspot.com

me and my friend, both same height, around 155cm, find it a little bit hard to climb up the ladders due to our short legs. Other than that, hike trail was rather moderate - hard. Moderate enough for us to finish the hike in 5.5 hours (3.5 hrs up via green seafood paradise, 2 hours down via bukit puteri ) compared to the average time of 4 hours up, 3 hours down.

time will be shorter if you start Bukit puteri - peak - bukit puteri. This trail is the quickest and fastest up to the peak. Easy trail at start until you reach the intersection ( if you start from Green paradise seafood entrance ) to continue hike up to the peak. Ladder trail takes around 45mins to 1 hour to complete.

We started at 6.30am to hike from green paradise seafood restaurant, not far from sarawak cultural village and damai resort. Arrived at the peak at 10am. Hiked down after a break of 30mins or so, arrived bukit puteri exit at 11.55am.

Bukit puteri to green paradise seafood restaurant took us 20minutes of walk by the road path.

Price:

RM8 if you start your hike at green paradise seafood restaurant ( regardless your end point - green paradise seafood restaurant or bukit puteri )

RM10 if you start from santubong national park office.

Santubong national park office is situated just next to green paradise seafood restaurant. separated by a water processing plant.

1 Thank Pran_na
Kuching, Malaysia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Rewarding seeing my own hometown from up high”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Went on an impromptu trip to Mt Santubong one day with a couple of friends from school, didn't think much as I am generally fit - exercise three times a week (workout and cardio). However this trail is not to be underestimated. Not so much of fitness but more a mental challenge. Plenty of vertical ladders, some up to 2-3 storeys high. One fall would mean disaster, and then you have to come down it.

I would recommend it if you are confident with heights, and is generally fit.

1 Thank lilacbean