I stayed at the hotel in August for 7 nights on the club floor.
Check in was excellent and room was ready for us in the morning we arrived.
Club Floor had very nice furnishings and views. Trying to get a drink for evening cocktails was a bit challenging. They never really had any drinks there and always had to ring to get a bottle of white wine and when asked for a Tiger Beer was told none left and you could have what was there!!!!!! which wasnt much.
The room was an average size but clean and functional. The only negative would be the shower was in a bath tub and I hate that.
Breakfast was ok and when we arrived at 9.30am one morning and asked for an omellete we were told we could only have cheese as the rest of the fillings had finished!! Couldnt they ask the kitchen for more??
The staff very very helpful and friendly.
I think if they want to have the same standard as the Hilton ( and maybe the new Novatel that is being constructed) they need to be more international and not so local.
But for the money overall pretty good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strategically located in the heart of Kuching's business entertainment, dining and shopping district, the Riverside Majestic Hotel offers free WiFi and is the ideal place for business, meetings and leisure.Overlooking the Sarawak River, the hotel commands a panoramic view of the city and the Kuching Waterfront. It is 20 minutes away from the Kuching International Airport and within walking distance of some of the city's major tourist attractions such as the Kuching Waterfront, Chinese Museum, Tua Pek Kong Chinese Temple, Fort Margherita and the Main Bazaar.The hotel is adjacent to the Riverside Shopping Complex, a 5-storey shopping podium featuring a cineplex and bowling centre. Opposite the hotel is its sister property, the Grand Margherita Hotel, plus the Sarawak Plaza Shopping Complex and the Sarawak Economic Development Corporation Building. The kitchen of Café Majestic & River Palace / Coca Thai Restaurant are certified Halal. Riverside Majestic Hotel is classified as Green Hotel by the Ministry of Tourism and Culture Malaysia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Riverside Majestic Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riverside Majestic Kuching
- Hotel Riverside Majestic
- Riverside Majestic Hotel Kuching, Sarawak