We really liked the Crown Plaza and Kuching from the moment we arrived. The hotel is located in the centre of town right beside the river, several shopping malls and restaurants. We had two rooms and one was a magificent corner room with views up and down the river. The rooms were of excellent quality for the cost which was half of a Singapore hotel. Did not see a swimming pool so may not suit young children.
We did not eat evening meals in the hotel as the local restaurants are much cheaper. There is an excellent one just opposite on the river. Two of us had breakfast with our package and it was quite satsfactory however 2 others just bought pastries etc from local shops for a lot less.
The town is quite small, easy walking around with good original local markets and shops as well as shopping malls.
There is a laundry located behind the hotel, not below as advertised in some places.
The hotel staff booked trips to the Orang Utang sanctuary and Bako island for rates that were well under the web rates published by the established organisers. Local village people acted as our guides. The Orang Utangs were great, much better than Sandakan.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strategically located in the heart of Kuching's business entertainment, dining and shopping district, the Riverside Majestic Hotel offers free WiFi and is the ideal place for business, meetings and leisure.Overlooking the Sarawak River, the hotel commands a panoramic view of the city and the Kuching Waterfront. It is 20 minutes away from the Kuching International Airport and within walking distance of some of the city's major tourist attractions such as the Kuching Waterfront, Chinese Museum, Tua Pek Kong Chinese Temple, Fort Margherita and the Main Bazaar.The hotel is adjacent to the Riverside Shopping Complex, a 5-storey shopping podium featuring a cineplex and bowling centre. Opposite the hotel is its sister property, the Grand Margherita Hotel, plus the Sarawak Plaza Shopping Complex and the Sarawak Economic Development Corporation Building. The kitchen of Café Majestic & River Palace / Coca Thai Restaurant are certified Halal. Riverside Majestic Hotel is classified as Green Hotel by the Ministry of Tourism and Culture Malaysia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Riverside Majestic Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riverside Majestic Kuching
- Hotel Riverside Majestic
- Riverside Majestic Hotel Kuching, Sarawak