Only here for 8 hours of which most of it is in a bed so not much to review on.
A midnight check-in with one staff member at the desk took a good 5 minutes - not sure why but he kept on disappearing into the back office. Finally got our key and went up to our room on the 7th out of 13 floors. Note to myself this was not an Executive floor which would be standard for Platinum HHonors members. Perhaps the hotel was full?
The room, though small compared to the ones we usually receive, is well appointed with a River View, albeit slightly outdated. But this is all we need to sleep.
I get up at around 6.30am and check out the gym and pool and am disappointed the steam room and sauna is not open until 10am - it would have been a great battery-charge for the day.
We decide to go to the main restaurant for breakfast (complimentary for Diamond members) and check at the desk where it is. The same guy who checked us in, looking much more 'sleepy' now, informs us that we can only eat in the Executive Lounge. When I tell him how unusual that is as at all other Hiltons Diamonds can eat in the main restaurant, another perhaps more senior receptionist swiftly comes over with a smile and tells us of course we can eat there. As it turns out it is a lovely restaurant with an abundance of tasty treats and friendly staff.
This is the only taste of Kuching we are getting on this trip as our focus is Batang Ai. But I already love the city and will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Kuching is located in the heart of the charming city of Kuching, overlooking the tranquil Sarawak River. Kuching's landmark, the hotel commands the best view of the gently winding river and other captivating sights.20 minutes drive (11 km) from Kuching International Airport, whilst the commercial centre and city attractions such as the Main Bazaar, Kuching Waterfront and the Tua Pek Kong Temple are a mere walk away.Modern shopping centers are reachable on foot, as are classic old historical sites are nearby. The hotel makes the perfect base to explore Kuching! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Kuching reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Kuching Hotel Kuching
- Hilton International Kuching
- Kuching Hilton International
- Hilton Kuching Sarawak