We just popped in with our two kids to look for a room. We had a huge double queen poolside room with a bargain price another child included free for breakfast and both free in room. The beds were comfortable and with clean sheets which are either changed or not changed daily according to your choice.
Bathroom came with a tub big enough for two children to bathe together. It was clean but had some cracked tiles and mould on the ceiling. Also, read below.
However the room was not well cleaned. There was some sand between the beds on our arrival and it was never cleaned up. Also it is very dusty under the beds. Room was also a bit dark even we switched on all the lamps. But as it is big and there is no lightning on the ceiling the existing three table lamps and one floor lamp simply are not enough. Bathroom and a small area on the door are very well lightened thou'. What was the most inconvinient in our opinion was the smell coming form the bathroom. First it was cigarette smoke which is unpleasant for non-smokers with children and second the sewer/drain smelled horrible! Wouldn't have make it more than three nights and the last already being a pain.
Beach is good and clean with tides sometimes getting bigger as it happens on that side on the Borneo coast. Big enough for everyone to enjoy without feeling like you were crowded. Children's pool is located conviniently near the deeper other pool (there is a third one on the hilltop for those wishing to stay far from children!). A water may not be the cleanest, at least it is not very bright. Our daughter had some skin problems but it's not sure if it was salty water, pool or new facial wash. Poolbar was closed and seemed quite dead. It would have been nice add. There are many sunchairs but be sure to be to have yours early in the morning or they will all be reserved on a sunny day.
Breakfast was excellent with a big selection for almost every taste. Only thing to complain was the not-well-fried sausages which were on raw side and a bit cold. Service was top class all the time and met all our needs. Our son had a minor injure in his knee and staff was asking the next day upon our leaving how his knee is doing. But it might get a bit tireing to say "hello" or "good morning" to same person 20 times a day... :)
Children's village is poor, don't expect anything fancy from it. Also had problems with Wi-Fi. At first we had to pay RM36 for 24 hours and then it didn't work when we needed it the most. But it's quite common in Sarawak so what can you do!? And you also need to remember to logout everytime you stop using the Wi-Fi or your time will run even when the computer is shutt down and not using the connection at all. :/
Location is beautiful and there is a shuttle service to Kuching (not included the room price). If you have your own car Kuching is easy 20 minutes drive away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between the panoramic South China Sea and legendary Mount Santubong, Damai Beach Resort offers wide ranges of accommodation & facilities to suit every holiday makers needs. Main swimming pool for adults & kids is ideally located at the main building while another pool, secluded on the Hilltop has a breathtaking view of both the mountain and the sea. 5 F&B Outlets, convenient shop, souvenir shop, Tour Agent counter, Recreation Centre, Business Centre, Spa & Wellness, Shuttle service are some of facilities offered. Catering & Events caters from small meeting to large conference besides private parties and Weddings & other special moments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Fastbooking, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Damai Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Damai Beach Hotel Kuching
- Damai Beach Kuching
- Holiday Inn Kuching
- Damai Beach Resort Kuching, Sarawak