At least 45 minutes out of town with unreliable transportation (if you need to start an excursion at 9:00 a.m.). Beach isn't great; pool area really not great. Rooms are large but feels like the bathrooms could do with a good cleaning (and upgrading). Beds and pillows are like an American road-side motel. Food is horrible. Breakfast buffet had very little to offer. Definitely rundown (management says they are upgrading it ... but a long way to go). Better to stay in town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between the panoramic South China Sea and legendary Mount Santubong, Damai Beach Resort offers wide ranges of accommodation & facilities to suit every holiday makers needs. Main swimming pool for adults & kids is ideally located at the main building while another pool, secluded on the Hilltop has a breathtaking view of both the mountain and the sea. 5 F&B Outlets, convenient shop, souvenir shop, Tour Agent counter, Recreation Centre, Business Centre, Spa & Wellness, Shuttle service are some of facilities offered. Catering & Events caters from small meeting to large conference besides private parties and Weddings & other special moments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Damai Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Damai Beach Hotel Kuching
- Damai Beach Kuching
- Holiday Inn Kuching
- Damai Beach Resort Kuching, Sarawak