“Great time reconnecting with nature”
Review of Semadang Kayak

Semadang Kayak
Ranked #1 of 28 Tours in Kuching
More attraction details
Owner description: Semadang Kayak is the premier kayaking, bamboo rafting and adventure outfitter and service provider, operated at the Sarawak River (Semadang River) at the Heart of Borneo Rainforest in Kuching, Sarawak. With various package choices, we could take you on the kayaking and rafting trip of your life! This trip is a family friendly trip and suitable for beginners.
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great time reconnecting with nature”
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Semadang Kayak, run by a local family has provided me a great trip back to nature. I've chosen the kayaking & caving package, and they've been nothing but great great fun.

The best part about the kayaking for me would be when my buddy and I took a pause in paddling and just absorbed the beauty of the nature surrounding us, the sound of the river, birds chirping everywhere; I was utterly mesmerized and felt like I was one with nature for a moment there.

Our caving trip was equally interesting. We chose the intermediate(?) trip to an undisturbed cave along the river. It required us to do some steep sharp loose rocks hiking up to reach the entrance of the cave. It was just beautiful. Lots of bats, wonderful stalactites, stalagmites, columns and everything there is in the cave.

The lunch provided was also very nice. We were served local dishes and fruits. The most important throughout the trip was the warm hospitality given by each crew, I enjoyed every moment. Looking forward to do other activities with them in the future!

1 Thank GnetDaniel

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Bristol, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Oustanding. Do not miss out.”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

A truly special trip. If you like the idea of seeing some of the beautiful scenery that Borneo has to offer from the comfort of Kuching then this excursion is a great choice.

Pick up and drop off from my accommodation, a delicious lunch and great guides who were very entertaining made this a trip amazing.

Travelling peacefully along the river whilst absorbing the surroundings was a refreshing experience and one of the best experiences I had in Kuching. The guides provided us with dry bags to keep our possessions safe. Even better they both had waterproof cameras and took around 400 photos saving from having to take photos and paddle at the same time as keeping our cameras out of the water. At the end of the trip they gave each of us copies of the photos on a CD/DVD.

The trip to the long house which preceded the kayaking didn't quite meet my unrealistic expectations. I suppose I expected more bamboo, but when we arrived I was surprised to see quite so much corrugated metal on the roofs, but I guess everyone has to move with the times. I also felt a little odd walking around the long house as if I was being a little disruptive to the few people who were around and felt that those who were there were there just for the tourists.

Nevertheless, the kayaking was incredible and I would have happily continued downstream for several more hours after we we're picked up at the end.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Bob C
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent Trip kayak ever”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Unforgettable holiday experienced and having fun in Semadang kayaking ...
From the clean waters to the excellent scenery the whole way through. Lunch was very well prepared by our ever so friendly & helpful tour guide's mom. Also loving the little activities that we get to do besides kayaking. The only downside for me was that the water was too shallow at the time when I kayaked. Aside from that, everything was perfectly good & is a most recommended fun time with friends & families!

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Manice394393
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A MUST HAVE Experience in Sarawak!”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Warm & Friendly guide, a whole new experience, unforgettable moment!
This service include pick up and send back, lunch provided, and the whole kayaking trip. RM188 REALLY WORTH IT!

2 Thank Yeeqian
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent day trip. Highly recommended”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

We booked the family kayaking trip. Pickup was punctual. Minivan ride was comfortable.
The guides were very friendly. We had 3 guides for our party of 6.
Easy kayaking down river. Had fun at the waterfall. Lunch was at a traditional village of chicken cooked in bamboo. As it was durian season, we had durian for dessert. Very safe and fun. Highly recommended for family with kids. The DVD of photos was a bonus. Had 2 photographers taking our photos for the whole trip

1 Thank Chiang W