“Not all Brazilian "Churrascaria" Resturant's are equal.”

The Carvery Restaurant
Ranked #110 of 589 Restaurants in Kuching
Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Maputo, Mozambique
“Not all Brazilian "Churrascaria" Resturant's are equal.”
Reviewed January 7, 2012

My wife and I were in Kuching for the Christmas Holidays and had noticed a positive review for the Carvery on someone's blog. On Christmas day we thought we would have dinner there as well enjoy the Brazilian concept. When arrived the resturant was fully booked,somewhat of a surprise for us as we had imagined Christmas day to be a much slower day. So we went back to our hotel for dinner with decision to come back the next day as well as make booking to avoid disappointment.
Boxing day comes and we make our way over to the resturant and get seated. The resturant was now starting fill up.The concept was explained to us and we first made our way to the salad bar. To be honest we should have left the resturant at that time with our first impression. The selection was less than adequate as well as unappealing.
We did select a couple of items an headed back to our table for the rest of the dinner to start.
When the meats started to arrive they were not served in the same mouth watering anticipation that had been our previus experiences elsewhere. If I recall there was 14 choices. I would not have guessed that a "wiener" or "snag" would make the menu......but there it was. The meats when carved had to be sawed of the skewer. The sirloin was the strongest tasting meat I have ever had. We made it through the first round and spoke to waiter for the two choices that we would have for round two. He came out with these sliced on a plate the promptly slid equal portions of each onto our plates and left with my wife and looking amazed at what had just happened. What appetite we had remaining was gone. We finished our second glass of the house red ,"which I might add was very good" and settled the bill and left.
We have been living in South East Asia for almost 3 years now and have realigned our expectations for anyone trying to serve western food. We are somewhat relaxed in our expectations now and have a let's give a try attitude when dining western.

• Visited December 2011

Malaysia
“Different food concept”
Reviewed December 31, 2011

One of the kind in the city where they craved the meat onto your plate. Since they changed ownership and venue I have not been there.

1 Thank Sushsi