“good food, friendly staff.”
Review of Absolute Tribal

Absolute Tribal
Ranked #36 of 639 Restaurants in Kuching
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Set in a historic building built during the Brooke Era about 120 years ago, Sarakraf Pavilion brings to you an visiting experience that is rich in history and reflects the fascinating sentiment of the time and heritage of Sarawak in general.The Sarakraf Center preserves arts and crafts that could not be seen elsewhere. Guests are invited to join cooking lessons and shop for memorable souvenirs from Sarawak.Absolute Trival Restaurant is one of the unique feature of Sarakraf Pavilion. The restaurant presents a unique dining experience in the courtyard and serves Chinese, Authentic and fusion local dishes as well as a huge selection of Thai cuisine.The historical attachment of the establishment will make you feel as if you have travel back in time and take a refuge to a spiritually enchanting holiday.
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I was expecting to visit the craft centre, but it was closed due to the malaysia day holiday. So i spent my 2 hours killing time at Absolute Tribal Restaurant instead.
The staff was very friendly, they let me hang around the lobby cause the restaurant was fully booked for lunch by a tour group.
Had a jelly fish salad and laksiam....yummy...
Would love it if they could offer a better type of coffee other than the instant ones tho...such a shame they don do nespresso anymore.

Gerald G, Owner at Absolute Tribal, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear Bowie,

Thanks for your encouraging review, I was certainly very embarrassed when you walked in as we were really busy with the 180 guests who were here for our Laksa Sarawak.

I am glad you enjoyed the Laksiam and the jelly fish Kerabu that our staffs must had recommended. laksiam is a dish that we created from the Famous Laksa Sarawak by fusioned it and empowered it with Tom Yum from our Thai kitchen. To our delight, it is selling much better than the Laksa Sarawak here at Absolute Tribal Restaurant.

Thank you for dropping by and thank you for taking your time here with us at Sarakraf Paviolion.

Thanks

Reviewed September 13, 2013

The food was excellent the service was questionable as ir was not busy. I waited a long time for steamed rice twice in the same night, second time I think there was a miscommunication. But overall worth the visit. Great environment and great food!

Hi,

Thank you for your feed back on our food and service. and again, you must be seated at our private room where we leave guests to their utmost privacy. We are sorry that you didnt like to be left undisturbed, please avoid the private room in your next visit.

Thank you for your review on our food and we are thrilled that you termed our food as GREAT, much appreciated. We sincerely hope that you find our ambiance Great as well.

Thanks

Reviewed September 10, 2013

We throughly enjoyed the fusion food we had at Tribal. All the recommended food were excellent. My wife and I particularly liked the mindin with sardines, the jellyfish salad, oyster omelette and the mongolian chicken. Would definately come again.

Dear Ben,

You headline was such a hit that my supervisor tripped and fell on the floor while she ran to alert me on the great news.

Thank you so much for the Uber duper review and we definitely would try all we can to do even better than what you have left us with.

Making our guests feeling good by offering a little bit more than just a restaurant is all that we care about. Apart from the food, we hope to capture a serene ambiance for those who dine here and a setting in tranquility to tame the dancing aroma when food is served.

We sincerely hope that you had thoroughly enjoyed your lunch here with your wife and guests that afternoon, and we look forward to welcoming you again with our dancing aroma..

Thanks again,

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We were a party of 8 and were served promptly. We enjoyed the tempoyak ikan bilis and Ayam pancur and felt comfortable within the restaurant's ambience and layout. Ample parking available

2  Thank samoy75
Gerald G, Owner at Absolute Tribal, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear Samoy,

Thank you so much for your review on our restaurant. We are really pleased that you find our food and ambiance very much to your liking and will do more to further enhance that feel whenever we can.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

When my friends brought me to Absolute Tribal, I love the design and atmospher of the restaurant. They have variety of food but without thinking I ordered the Tom Yam because I'm the Tom Yam lover. When the food is served, I could tell the Tom Yam soup will taste good because the ingredient are generous. True enough it was very good, but it is too spicy for me. My friend ordered their yellow curry also taste good. My suggestion is if the restaurant can offer different level of spiciness for people like us (love spicy food but not too spicy) will be good because both Tom Yam and Curry are too spicy for us which I couldn't finish.

The atmosphere is very good, they have different type of setting, from fine dining to garden setting for us to choose. Definitely I will come back again to try the difference cuisine.

Dear Valerie,

Spice and aroma is the driving soul in a Thai Restaurant. Thank you for ordering Tom Yum as a choice while you were here and thank you for enjoying the food although it was a tad too spicy for you.

We do offer different levels of spiciness to guests who would like to have theirs a level down, However, tasting a non spicy Tom yum may resembles licking from a melted ice cream cone...... it loses its authenticity and that would be a huge anti-climax on your way out from the restaurant.

we than k you from our bottom of our serving heart for the wonderful review and hope to see you again in the near future,