“Cheap and nice”

Ranked #59 of 81 Kuching B&B and Inns
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Cheap and nice”
Reviewed October 26, 2011

There is nothing super special of this guest house but I just like this place! I like the feeling of staying here and the hospitality of the guest house. The staff is great and friendly, she is always helping me on my every request no matter how busy she is during their peak season - Rain Forest. Indeed, there is one thing very special of this guesthouse, which is their eco-friendly room design using recycle materials. It is very creative to me.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Indonesian first
Ipoh, Malaysia
Reviewed August 15, 2011

I love the decoration in this guesthouse because it look like a house....
So, when i stay in this guesthouse got a feeling like i come back to my own house...That's great. Even we need shared the bathroom, but the hospitality in the guesthouse are clean .Besides that, the staff and the owner are very friendly .They give us more info and help for us when we travel in Kuching. I feel happy to know them and i will come back againts if next time i travel in Kuching!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank pying
Jakarta
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Stayed here for two nights, it's something what i'm looking for. A nice and quiet place to sleep, very nicely decorated and the owener is very friendly and kind enough to drive me around town. Will definitely come back here!

Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Wei Tat L
miri
Reviewed April 6, 2011

For someone that doesn't write much reviews, staying in Drop In has compelled me to write a word or two about the experience that I had while staying there. Located in the Kuching's "Chinatown", it's a guest house with more than meets the eye. It has showed that its a budget place that offers great service and quality, something which its hard to find these days. The staff are ever so helpful to make sure that your stay there is as comfortable as possible.
The surrounding area is truly historical as it integrates the old with the new. Hawker food are easily found with some of the coffeeshops found along the area being as old as i am which proves the test of time amidst the ever so development that the city has seen over the decades.
I guess in short, Drop In is the place to stay, may it be your first time to the city or for a revisit.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed April 4, 2011

It's a clean and friendly environment to stay and really close the food and shops, we basically save on transportation fee, tot some sightseeing need to organize a van. The street where this hotel located is full of local food and local culture shops to explore. It's convenience and the night life nearby is as well happening.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 4, 2011

For the price, I thought I got a big bang for my buck. It's location was great being close to three main entertainment area in kuching. There was even nightspots to eat close by. The staff was friendly and accommodated me well, even helping me with places to eat. And in all an enjoyable stay

• Stayed April 2011
3 Thank clem81
Sentosa Island, Singapore
Reviewed April 3, 2011

Stayed here for the weekend in my first visit to Kuching.
The location is the best thing about this place. Great food and the attraction of Kuching is all within walking distance. There is a coffeshop, or as the locals call it 'kopitiam' down the road that opens till late at night or early morning near the BIG Cat statue that sells this incredible Laksa.
Up the other end of the road, you will pass the CBD then the WaterFront. Take a boat across to see the Fort. All of these are accessible by walking which is good as taxi or public bus is almost non-existence in Kuching.
The room space is just nice for the price I'm paying and the air-conditioning makes it easier since Kuching is relative hot and humid everyday.
There's a living area where you can meet and mingle with the other guests or the staffs. They are quite helpful and friendly, they also helped us planned our trip to Bako National Park.
On the whole, it is good value for money and the location makes it easier to see all the attractions Kuching have to offer within walking distance.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends