“When is a burger not a burger?”
Review of Magna Carta Cafe

Magna Carta Cafe
Ranked #199 of 595 Restaurants in Kuching
Cuisines: Contemporary
Reviewed June 16, 2014

When it's a beef patty on toast!

We were really looking forward to burgers after our trek through Bako and after stuffing ourselves with a starter of bruschetta and crostini, we had high hopes for the burger.

Sadly, they were very disappointing, not burger-like at all, just a beef patty on toast topped with cheesy mushrooms. It was tasty but not what was expected.

There are newer reviews for Magna Carta Cafe

Reviewed December 23, 2013

The hamburger I had was good, the french fries average. My daughter had a spagetti which wzs also not bad. Not cheap, not expesive, all average. Nicely situated.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Loved this place to eat - beautiful, relaxing, wonderful service and delicious food. They have great atmosphere with the swinging lamps and the candles on the tables.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Magna Carta Cafe is located in a part of the historic Courthouse complex in Kuching. What I like of this cafe is the historic surroundings and the porch with tables and chairs, where you can sit under a fan, enjoying the view. Time goes slower on the porch of the Magna Carta cafe. Enjoy a cold beer, or a coffee, or a light lunch. Anyway I can vouch for the soup and the Creme Brulee. They were delicious. The service is friendly, as you can expect in Malaysia, however, the boss who counts out the change can use some help with his calculations. We used Magna Carta Cafe as our anchor point in Kuching for refreshments, so we sat on the porch a couple of times, but every time the change was some tens of sens wrong, sometimes to our advantage, sometimes to our disadvantage. The difference is very small. Ten sen is four Eurocent, but never the change was right. I think we ended on 20 sen in the plus. It was funny.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was my second time to Magna Carta Cafe after experiencing their fabulous vegetarian pizza in 2012. This time I brought my mother to enjoy the lovely setting (particulary at night) and the delicious food. I highly recommend it for atmosphere, good Western food and a bottle of local rice wine.