Kuching Park Hotel
  • Pool
All reviewsquadruple roomweddinghairdryertaxilobby
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 8, 2014

The hotel is clean, the room is spacious, and the staffs are helpful. However, the location are quite far from the main attractions while the only public transport available is taxi. Yet, we're happy that the hotel's restaurant provide halal foods.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Traveled to Kuching for 3days 2 night and i able to found such a accomodative hotel through www.hotel-bestdeal.com. I travelled in group of four and based on my research only this hotel has the quadruple room with price that really suits backpackers like us.
What I like most about the hotel is :
1. Location. Easy to Find and Near to City Centre
2. No worries about car park
3. Simple and delicious breakfast
4. Friendly receptionist and there were no hassle for online booking customers.
5. I love the beds

My suggestion
Kindly add more movie channels in TV. Most of channels are Chinese programmes.

Overall, it was cheap and pleasant stay

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank KevinGeorge2014
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

We stay here 2 night for family trip in kuching.the staff friendly and helpful..the breakfst are great..the room was clean. And the area just 5 minute from kuching waterfront.

but the hairdryer cannot use. A little bit smell for the towel..

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Baini89
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Was there for a 2-day family vacation. Kids were quite disappointed, no swimming pool facility. The hotel location is just beside the main road, easily found. We booked the family room via online with 3 breakfast vouchers. The morning breakfast was average for a 3-star hotel. The hotel parking bays are free but very limited, 15 parking bays I guess. Remember to use the parking coupons wherever you are in Kuching. The cheapest ever in the world, I guess. 20sen for 30 minutes.

Room Tip: Request for higher floor and river view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I have written this review to thank Kuching Park Hotel staff and Mr Valentino, their manager, for their most gracious help and excellent service.

There was an unpleasant incident that happened when we ventured outside the hotel. A motorbike with a pillion drove past my friend and snatched her hang bag from her. The incident was executed well and fast, even the guys in our group were helpless. The motorcyclist exited through the side road and we were unable to stop them.

Before long, the hotel reception heard about our incident and had called their Manager, Mr Valentino to meet us at the lobby. It was our first time in Kuching, Sarawak and we have no idea of how, what and which step to take in order to report a crime. My friend lost everything including her passport and credit cards. With no money and an uncertainty of not able to go home without a passport, she was distraught.

On top of it all, these happened in the weekend where all the offices of all the relevant authorities were closed.

Thankfully, the manager - Mr Valentino, helped her through. He was sympathetic and caring. When we checked out a week later, he was present at the lobby to bid us farewell.

Thank you, Kuching Park for making our experience pleasant.

PS:
We had a conference here, 4 nights and stayed another 5 nights for our training. Our beds in our room were comfortable and we had peaceful sleep all through the week. indeed a most likely hotel I would recommend to my friends.

Room Tip: Be very careful when you venture outside the comfort of your hotel, try not to roam at night alone but with friends.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business