“All in one small room”

360 Xpress Citycenter Kuching
Ranked #24 of 55 Hotels in Kuching
Reviewed August 27, 2013

2nd stay at this hotel.

This hotel offer many things at a very reasonable price.
Broadband Internet with LAN cable provided, underground Carpark (but no security guard), comfortable bed, satellite tv with nearly 20 channels, tea making facilities, and others. Check out ur self at their website.

The room is small and no window but I like the colour very much. Make me feel calm.

The hotel need some maintaince as the basin in my room is leaking every time I wash my hand.

Furthermore, the electric kettle was malfunction during my second night, but the staff is kind enough to help me chane a new one, WELL DONE!

The only thing I wish to complain (maybe suggest is the better word) is there is no telephone inside the room! It's difficult to find the hotel staff if u need any help. Luckily for me as the hotel staff is available when I need help.

Reasonable pricing, good location, excellent facilities, nice room, definitely will come back again!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank anthonylau83
allen360xpress, Manager at 360 Xpress Citycenter Kuching, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Dear Anthony,

Thank you very much for your review comments.

We are pleased that you've found your stay a pleasant one with us and we thank you for your support. We constantly strive hard to ensure that our facilities/rooms and services meet or exceed expectations of our valued guests like your kind self. I have shared your feedback with the maintenance team with regards to the basin & boiler in the rooms which we will proceed with a general check on these items & amenities in the rooms. Unfortunately, we do not provide in room phone in each room due to certain barrier we are facing however, in house phones are available at each corridor walkway for our guest's convenience

Once again thank you for your kind review and we look forward to seeing you again at 360 Xpress Citycenter in the future.

There are newer reviews for 360 Xpress Citycenter Kuching

Reviewed August 18, 2013

The room was terrible, the smell, the dirty and sticky floor and the best part of all, there's no windows in any of their rooms. I understand this is a budget accommodation but I have stayed in other budget hotel/motel but never without a window. Anyway, I complained to the management and demanded a refund since this fact is not mentioned in their website and felt I had been misled. Anyway, my request was rejected. Will never go back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
allen360xpress, Manager at 360 Xpress Citycenter Kuching, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear Stephen,

First of all I would like to thank you for your constructive feedbacks shared here with us during your stay.

We are disappointed to received your dissatisfaction on the room and indeed, It is our sincere desire to continuously strive and deliver the best possible service and comfort to every guest who chooses us here at 360 Xpress.
We will look into the room condition and flooring as as per your feedback and this indeed is a concern to us. Further to that, i sincerely apologize for the windowless rooms. Due to the building structure, we are at the disadvantage to have all rooms with windows.
Please be assured that we are consistently taking corrective measures in improving the comfort and quality of the hotel and to meet our guest expectation. I have shared your valuable feedback with my whole operation team and wishes not have such re-assurances.
We are striving hard to improve and maintain the well being of every room and have instructed our housekeeping to be more observant and proactive upon servicing the rooms thus hotel guests daily. I sincerely apologize for the encounters you've experience and I do hope that this will not deter you in visiting us again in the near future.

Once again thank you for your kind review and we look forward to seeing you again at 360 Xpress Citycenter Hotel.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

To the management,

I must start this by telling how much I regretting my choice to stay in your hotel. By the time your read this, I'm still staying in your hotel (27/7/13 till 1/8/13), room 406.

My bad experience started immediately during my checking in moment. I was attended by a 'trainee' who took years to complete the process. I was travelling from Kuantan, and I was hoping to slip through, instead need to stand for over a half an hour at the counter.

I opted for a non-smoking room but to my surprise, the room is cigarette smelling. You promised your costumer a 5-star bed but I was given a dirty linen, most likely have been used by the previous tenant.

There is no hose connected to pipe beside the toilet bowl, so how should I wash myself?

I requested for in-room iron and ironing board and agreed to pay the RM3 charge, but your counter refused to provide me with the service as they mentioned to me, there is only one ironing board in the hotel. Is that my problem? If you can't provide, don't list it as a service!

The minibar (fridge) is also not working. When I complained to the counter, instead of offering me a new unit, or repairing it, they asked me to store my food in the freezer at the counter. What is that? You aspect your tenant to come down to the counter every time I want a cold drink?

And last but not least, please have someone with some capacity to speak in daily English. It's hard to speak Malay due to the dialect, but it is worse to speak English, when the receptionist keeps on answering to my questions with no comprehension.

I'm a very disappointed customer.

Shukri

Room Tip: If you are on a budget, YES. If you are only there for the sleep, YES. If you are with a family, B...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank tamagochi08
allen360xpress, Manager at 360 Xpress Citycenter Kuching, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear Mr Shukri,

As per my tele-conversation with you, we are disappointed that we have not met your expectations during your period of your stay. Indeed, It is our sincere desire to continuously strive and deliver great service at every opportunity here at 360 Xpress in ensuring the comfort & satisfaction of our guest. Please be assured that corrective measures will be taken to avoid recurrence of such and I have shared your valuable feedback with my whole operation team including the management.

We are striving hard to improve further on level of well being of every room and have instructed our housekeeping & receptions to be more observant and proactive upon servicing the rooms thus hotel guests daily.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights and didn't expect much. There isn't any window in the room. Didn't like the pillow provided, too soft, the bed was OK. However the bed/blanket felt like it's a bit damp and the room has a smell. For the price that we paid, we couldn't ask for more.
The good side - I pre-arranged the hotel shuttle from the airport and they were already waiting for me when I arrived. Went to the airport with the same shuttle and in total it only cost me RM6 for both ways.
The front office was OK but when I check-out and wanted to arrange for the shuttle to airport, they told me it's full and they can help me to call a cab. I told him that when I check-in I did mentioned that I would like the shuttle to the airport when I check-out, and the staff told me there's no need to book in advance. Luckily in the end, he made the arrangement and we made it. The staff was helpful enough.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
allen360xpress, Manager at 360 Xpress Citycenter Kuching, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Dear Kym,

Thank you very much for your review comments.

We are pleased that you've found your stay a pleasant one with us and we thank you for your support. We constantly strive hard to ensure that our facilities/rooms and services meet or exceed expectations of our valued guests like your kind self. I have shared your feedback with the Housekeeping team with regards to the dampness & smell you've encountered during your stay.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights and really enjoyed our time at this hotel. The front desk staff were so helpful and friendly, booking a shuttle to the Sarawak Cultural Village and a taxi to Semenggoh for us. Our room was a good size, with a comfortable bed and good shower. The hotel is very well located in Kuching, not far from the waterfront and only a few minutes walk to the Top Spot Food Court for great seafood meals. Their shuttle to and from the airport is a great bonus, and really good value. Also, the self service laundry facilities were a blessing at the end of our travels around SE Asia. The only reason I did not give it 5 stars is that wi-fi is only available in reception. The hotel provides a cable in the room to connect to the internet, but unfortunately it was not compatible with our Samsung Chromebooks. 360 Xpress is a good budget choice for a stay in Kuching.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nigel H
allen360xpress, Manager at 360 Xpress Citycenter Kuching, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Dear ValH,

Thank you very much for your review comments.

We are pleased that you've found your stay a comfortable one with us. We will look into widen the compatibility of our internet resources and share your constructive feedback with the necessary party. We constantly strive hard to ensure that our facilities/rooms and services meet or exceed expectations of our valued guests like your kind self.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Overall I think this is a good place to stay, albeit the room is kinda small. It's located near town and you can find lots of shop nearby. Check in and check out process were smoothly done. They even provide desktop for your convenience. I came through banner saying that you can book for Sarawak Rehabilitation Centre tour, costs from RM30 if I'm not mistaken (24 hours before the trip). At first, I have doubt since the location is facing house areas, but luckily we managed to get sound sleep at night, and if you're not lucky enough, you might hear dog barks (depends on where your room facing at).

The room is equipped with basic necessities; tv, hair dryer, kettle, fridge, some toiletries and if you need to do laundry and ironing stuff, they have room for that. The bathroom wall is kinda visible, no water pipe inside and only two charging spot available, which were total letdown for me.

Staffs are nice and helpful. Will consider staying here again, well perhaps with a bigger room ;D

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Letoyah_D, Manager at 360 Xpress Citycenter Kuching, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear Haan-Ssi,

Thank you very much for your review comments.

We are pleased that you've found your stay a comfortable one with us. We will look into the improving some minor fix up in the room as what you've shared in your feedback.We constantly strive hard to ensure that our facilities/rooms and services meet or exceed expectations of our valued guests like your kind self.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I was staying here for 3 nights and i enjoyed it so much it was an old shop which converted into hotel. Taxi from airport cost me rm40 ( blue taxi) to come to the hotel and they have taxi on the front of the hotel non stop to bring tourist everywhere around kuching. it is near to Pullman and spacious for solo traveller like myself. The hotel is clean and well ugraded to around 3 to 4 star standard. The check in process was fast and the staff are very helpful to guide me to rooftop seafood restaurants which is 5 minutes walking distance and there are plently of cafe and shops around. i spent my night at station one cafe with local live band nearby which is good to chill out and free wifi. The hotel does offer shutter service which is rm 6 one way to airport which must be booked 24 hours in advance by calling them. It was quiet and i had a few night good sleep and price of the hotel is not expensive compare to other hotel and they have lift to go up to first floor which is good.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo