“"Club Floor" review- Yes, I'd do it again”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Pullman Kuching

Pullman Kuching
Ranked #6 of 54 Hotels in Kuching
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
“"Club Floor" review- Yes, I'd do it again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

Having just come from the Mandarin Oriental Hotel Club floor in Kuala Lumpur (which was excellent), this colored my opinion. But overall, my experience would prompt me to repeat it.
We were first led to general check-in, but once redirected to private check-in, it was swift but lacked the promptness of greeting from the host and delivery of the welcome drink.
Our accommodation was ample, local fruit was presented, robes & slippers provided, and the view overlooking the Sarawak River was one of the best in the hotel. There is no lighting on the makeup mirror, so one is "blind" trying to apply makeup. I thought this was a "cheap" factor. The bathroom was ample with a nice view.
The club lounge was a modern design with more than sufficient capacity. The service was excellent. The "cocktail" hour was shorter than the Mandarin but had an acceptable variety and quantity of cuisine choices that one did not have to hassle with dining elsewhere. Although we were told breakfast was just a "continental" breakfast, it was a full American breakfast with eggs made to order. This was quite important to us because we hate to deal with the buffet breakfast in the general restaurant. The staff were very congenial, personable and attentive. They made our stay extra pleasurable.
There were only two free "pressings" but it wasn't obvious to me from our literature, so I missed out on having some clothes attended to. I think they should review the amenities, at least in brief, upon arrival.
Overall, the Pullman was a very nice hotel where I would select the Club Floor again.

Room Tip: Club Floor
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Linda A
PullmanKuching, Manager at Pullman Kuching, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Linda A,

Thank you so much for your positive review on Pullman Kuching as well as our Executive/Club Floor - The Peak. We are very pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you again to Pullman Kuching on your next trip to Kuching, Sarawak.

We will definitely look into the matter on the amenities in our rooms and we hope to further improve ourselves so we could be as excellant as The Mandarin Oriental.

Once again, thank you and have a wonderful day.

Guest Experience Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (350)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Kuching, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

The room that I got wasn't very good, but I didn't know this at time of check-in, as I only entered the room much later that night. I went down to Reception to inquire whether the hotel was full, resulting in getting what I got. Upon hearing my dissatisfaction, Lester from the Front Office immediately changed my room to a better one without any of the run around. No harsh words were needed

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

3 Thank Mohd Ivan H
PullmanKuching, Manager at Pullman Kuching, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear Mohd Ivan H,

Thank you for feedback. I have had a quick look into your reservation, and it must have been that the occupancy was very high due to the Rainforest Festival, which only made twin bedded rooms available through our online booking platform. However I am glad that Lester was able to reloacte you into a king bedded room.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching again in the near future.

Sincerly,

Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

Stayed for 2 nights in May 2014. Breakfast selection is great, room-wise is not bad as well. Only grouch we have are the keycards that cannot be recognized by the hotel lifts - tried all the four lifts repeatedly to even head up to the room.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear TakoTako,

Thank you for your feedback. We are currently looking urgently into this matter, and trying to ascertain with the external parties involved if it is a card reader issue, card programmer, or actual card issue.

We are hoping to get to the bottom of this in the shortest period of time possible to avoid further complaints like these. We appreciate you sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Palm Springs, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

Great location and comfortable rooms, spacious, a few decent English channels on tv. Roomy bathrooms, but the lamps had very dim bulbs in them, difficult for reading, and the overhead reading light did not work. Good price and amazing view for me as I was on the 15th floor (but was not west facing for the amazing sunsets of Kuching!). Comfy sitting chair, nice desk, mini bar was empty, but this is convenient if you want to stock it yourself. Nice to have tea and coffee service in room.

Staff and food left a lot to be desired. Front desk staff spoke English well, but some staff in restaurants and cafes could barely communicate. Very limited restaurants, the small cafe in the lobby with cakes and snacks was not good at all. The Puzzle restaurant offers a very mixed breakfast buffet. Many offerings, so you can find something to eat, but pastries not good and no decaf coffee or tea bags--all coffee and tea is premade and self serve. I also ordered room service and it was also ok, but not great.

This hotel is attached to a shopping mall, but it is a very sad and empty shopping mall, really nothing on offer, no decent restaurants. But many things within walking distance. The Hilton is located nearby, but not sure it is that much better.

Room Tip: Higher floor nice for views
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Arunachalam10
Dear Arunachalam10,

Thank you on your positive comments, with the exception of quality of pastry products served at Cafe Chat at the lobby level. We will definitely look into that matter, as well as the serving of decaf coffee and tea selection during breakfast at our Puzzle Restaurant.

We appreciate your comments and we strive to improve our service for all our guests at Pullman Kuching.

We hope you will see the improvement and enjoy your time with us in your next visit. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions or comments concerning your stay. You may contact me via email at h6332-sl9@accor.com .

Thank you.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

Both my husband and I stayed at the Pullman for 3 nights recently. Honest to God, it wasn't our first choice, but I am glad that we made the decision to stay at Pullman. We got in from KL rather late, and we were extremely tired.. thankfully for Khaleed of Front Office who greeted us with much warmth and smiles, we had forgotten all the setbacks we had faced earlier; flight delayed, long walk to the terminal at the new airport, etc. We were also pleasantly surprised when our room was upgraded (thanks to Khaleed again!) to a Family Room! Good ending for a long night I must say!!

The days ahead were pleasant.. breakfast at the Puzzle was great, I just love the pastries and them croissants! We didn't stay in much as I had a conference to attend in the mornings and we were out discovering the many splendors of Sarawak in the afternoon. We called in for room service one our last night at Pullman, service was fast and the grilled chicken with mashed pumpkin was just out of this world!

Getting to town was easy.. taxis were in abundance outside the hotel.. or if you choose to walk, the waterfront was just 10 minutes away. The best seafood eatery, Top Spot was also a stone throw away.. Hills Shopping Complex is just below the hotel. Don't need to go out to find an ATM or if you need some local coffee fix, old town coffee are amongst eateries that can be found at Hills.

Thank you Pullman for making my stay in Kuching memorable!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear mazayu70,

Thank you so much on your wonderful and possitive comments during your stay with us at Pullman Kuching. You have difinitely made the best choice of staying with us at Pullman Kuching.

We have passed along the praises and possitve comments towards our Front Office and Food and Beverage associates. We hope you would choose Pullman Kuching on your next visit to Kuching, Sarawak.

Thank you.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 4 days 3 nights with my husband and 4 month old son. I had an international conference at the hotel. We requested for a specific time for housekeeping to go around my son's sleeping time. We gave then ample time to clean because we were either out for lunch or by the pool. Three times they didn't show up on the first day. We kept having to call and asking them to come. The same thing happened the second day. My husband had to carry our sleeping son in the lobby while waiting for the room to be cleaned.

During breakfast the first two days a male staff was very helpful in getting us some tea and coffee sent to our table as he saw us with an infant. On the third day we asked Yusri to assist us. He rudely told us to help ourselves and went over to another table to chat with some other guests. It's very customary for 5 star hotels to serve guests coffee/tea.

We had to call reception three times from our room phone before someone picked up. Concierge didn't pick up at all.

Breakfast menu was 90% the same dishes for the duration of the stay. On our last day the pancake and roti canai were like dry biscuits.

This explains why this hotel didn't win a tripadvisor award last year. I wouldn't stay here again unless I had absolutely no choice. With hilton across the road I will recommend to my office that we change our accommodation.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
PullmanKuching, Manager at Pullman Kuching, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear Suganthy S,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Pullman Kuching. I sincerely apolgise that your experience did not meet your expectations. I will investigate and find out from the front office and restaurant regarding your feedback, in order to prevent occurances like this in the future.

At Pullman, we strive to provide a superior service experience; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please be assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the points highlighted.

I hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you. If you come back to our hotel I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you directly, so please ask for me. Alternatively you can contact me directly at h6332-gm1@accor.com