“"A Place I can call - My 2nd Home"”
Review of Pullman Kuching

Pullman Kuching
Ranked #6 of 54 Hotels in Kuching
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“"A Place I can call - My 2nd Home"”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Location is great, I have stayed in many hotels in Kuching and none of which have met my expectation accept one hotel that I'm proud to say "Pullman - Kuching"
The people here are friendly, caring and the service I must say its excellent. Everyone here serve with a smile from the bell boy to the General Manager and that makes you feel like home.
The room is big, clean and comfortable. Its value for money.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
PullmanKuching, Manager at Pullman Kuching, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear eliana292014,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Pullman Kuching. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel and hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Jayson Chong
Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (362)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Location is good. Room is so so, its really a 3 star hotel.

NO tissues in toilet, ammenities are sub standard.

The staff service is very disappoiniting. They are undertrained, from the bell boys who does not know his direction (mind you, am talking about 200 meters radius from the hotel). The concierge service attitude is simply" ignorant".

Its football season, hotel bar not full, bought a bottle of red wine, and for 90 minutes, not once, waiters around the bar came and refill the empties glasses.

Bought 4 apple strudels, badly baked.

Toilets on the ground floor are very dirty.

Gym is good and equiped, pool is family oriented.

Asked for taxi from concierge to go to Bako Restaurant which is 15 mins away, was waited for a long time and no taxi came. Waiting in front of the hotel, saw two ladies trying to get into a private car, my boyfriend had to opened the door for them because they were too weak trying to get into the car. The bell boys were chatting up with each other and none came to "serve"?!!!!!! I am appalled with the standard of Pullman, considered their reputation.

NO taxi still, frustrated and went down to Hilton(100 meter away) and had a great meal in the western restaurant.

NO staff ever smile at the front desk.... Looking around for 3 days, you never see any supervisors neither.

Its a frustrating stay in Pullman Kuching.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Esther_Lai
PullmanKuching, Manager at Pullman Kuching, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Ms Esther_Lai,

Thank you for your comments on your previous stay with us at Pullman Kuching. Please accept my sincere apologies on the shortcomings that you encountered during your stay with us.

At Pullman, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions or comments concerning your stay. You may contact me via email at h6332-sl9@accor.com . We hope you could give us another chance to serve you better on your next visit to Kuching.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed June 15, 2014

The lobby is huge! There are couple of restaurants, cafe and lounge-bar where every evening there was a live-band and two ladies singing.
There is big pool but we didn't have strength to experience as where tired after the day full of exploration.
All around hotel there are also lots of places to eat and a short walk to the Sarawak promenade (river cruise on a boat, local food, in the evening local people come and sing or play music)....

To go a bit further from Kuching we took a taxi (the blue one, was parked near the hotel) agreed on a price of RM250 for two and did a one-day trip to Fair Cave(never saw anything similar) and Cultural Village ( a good place for family)

Another day is good for tracking in BAKO National park..but be careful of low tide (arrive befor 9.00) otherwise u will have to wait till 12.30 which leaves u little time to enjoy the park and proboscis monkeys as the boat back is already at 16.00!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Taniana0508,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at Pullman Kuching. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your comments with our team, as I am sure that this feedback will serve as a great motivator to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel and hope that you will be able to experience more of what we have to offer with our various dining outlets and spa facilities.

Jayson Chong
Resident Manager
Kuching, Malaysia
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Hai my name is Sharifah Rosheila and im working for malaysia airlines and im a REGULAR customer in here. And one day i check in on 31may 2014 and check out on 01june 2014 my room no is 611,and for the FIRST time ever i experince the bad thing when i checkin in. FIRST i already call for booking the room one night before and its done. And before i checking in i already give a call to make sure my room is avaible or not but its SO HARD TO GET THROUGH UR RECEPTION DEPARTMENT.. I call 15 times no one ANS!.. When i arrived at reception, they say theres no room avaible. Its a bad service by SUSANNA. I waiting for the room for 3-4 hours and she said room is ready and need to pay for upgraded the toom despite wait for 4 hours and never say SORRY. RUDE and STUPID!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Sheilaalyahys
PullmanKuching, Manager at Pullman Kuching, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear Ms Sharifah Rosheila,

Thank you for spending some time to review your stay at Pullman Kuching and your feedback concerning our service is very important to us.

We regret to hear that your check in experience did not meet your expectations and we are truly sorry that it took a long time for your room to be ready. Allow me to investigate into more detail pertaining to your room booking as well as to run through with our staff about what had happen upon your check in. If you could kindly contact me directly via email at h6332-sl9@accor.com and I will attend to the matter personally.

On behalf of the hotel team, once again we wish to thank you for your continuous support and hope that the unpleasant incident will not in any way prevent you from availing yourself of our services in the future.

Kathmandu, Nepal
Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

My comments echo many of those below so, in summary :
Upgrade to the club floor - it's really worth it. Food is plentiful, if monotonous, with some curious options on offer - roast beef with pepper sauce at breakfast??
Views are spectacular and the lounge is more than spacious. Ask for a room on level 22 - I had one on 23 and there were some disturbing 'tardis-like' noises (think Dr. Who) caused by, I assume, plant equipment on the roof.
Club floor staff friendly but stingy; you will have to chase up that second cup of coffee in the morning, and the second (and third) glass of wine at cocktails.
Wifi free on the club floors, fast and consistent.
Nowhere near enough international TV options.
A/C tricky to set, and reset, and reset. Access cards problematic.
I had an issue at the Spa, which was dealt with professionally and with no-fuss, but I'd recommend skipping it, it is not particularly special. Gym is quite good.
Cat City Holidays, located in the lobby, arranged a couple of great day tours.
I'm not the resort type, so if I do come back to Kuching, I'd probably stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Dalbhat
Dear Dalbhat,

Thank you for your comments on Pullman Kuching and we really appreciate your kind words about the view from our Hotel, the WiFi services and a wide spread of food served at our restaurant.

My sincere apologies on the noises that came from the ceiling of your room. We shall look into the matter pertaining the noise in the room and to rectify it before releasing the room for other guests to stay in.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching on your next visit to Kuching, Sarawak.

Thank you and have a wonderful day.
Busselton WA
Reviewed June 10, 2014

There was a lot to like here..the Club Room was big, clean with a massive bathroom..all with superb views over an ever changing Kuching skyline. Bed, amenities were great, fresh fluffy towels...no DVD...but overall pretty damn good. One day they just forgot to "makeup" our room...all very apologetic. It was just lacking in spirit.
The Club...setting was wonderful, Near as be damned to 360 degree views from the spacious lounge.area, great seating open plan, wide variety of food, tasty...but, something was wrong. Big bar area, but, most came tepid from an esky!! Really!!! What...can't afford a fridge???
Minimal staffing, which meant long drink delays and they watched and subsequently allowed unsupervised kids in the Lounge to "man handle" the food, which sent me into orbit!! The parents involved didn't seem to mind until confronted...then were affronted. Teach your kid to use the tongs...it really isn't too much to ask.
Set above a very underwhelming Shopping Centre...barely 1/3 full...but, logistically for us was good walking distance to restaurants, the Kuching Waterfront and Chinatown area.
Maybe I am picky...but the whole set up had the capacity to WOW, but delivered a ho hum...sadly. I couldn't give it an average, and I would like to stay here again...as there was a lot to like in theory.

Room Tip: Club Rooms are worth the $$
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear GaryD,

Thank you for your comments on your previous stay with us at Pullman Kuching. Your comments is very important to us as it would give us a clearer picture of what and how to improve our services for our guests.

Rest assure that we will look into the matter pertaining our staffing at the Club Floor, as well as the housekeeping issue, whereby our maids forgotten to make-up your room during one of the days of your stay.

We hope you would come back to Kuching and stay with us again in the future, and we hope that your next visit to Pullman Kuching would be better than your previous one.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Stay in this hotel for a night, price is about the same as neighbor Hilton but is newer. Wi-Fi is fast and room is big. Staff are friendly, had breakfast at the lounge instead of the ground floor as I like the quiet enviroment but ground floor have more selection.

Room Tip: If budget allow choose the executive room, high floor big room
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank maqius
Dear maqius,

Thank you very much for your amazing review on Pullman Kuching. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we really hope you would stay with us again on your next visit to Kuching, Sarawak.

Once again, thank you and have a great day.