“Good value hotel”

Ranked #6 of 55 Hotels in Kuching
Scunthorpe
“Good value hotel”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

The pulman is a really nice hotel very light and spacious and the rooms are all light spacious and very modern the bathrooms are exceptionally good, I would say that this hotel is more suitable for a business traveller rather than tourists, the bar area in the foyer was always empty it was very expensive and a bit soulless, and also the hotel is situated on a hill so when walking back to the hotel in 33degree heat it can be very hard work

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
PullmanKuching, General Manager at Pullman Kuching, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear Wendy M,

Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching!

Firstly of all, we would like to informed that for the past month we are not able to reply your feedback due to the system problem. Thanks a lot for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.

Should you need any further enquiries, do drop an email to me at Eric.TAN@accor.com.

Eric Tan.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (360)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Islamabad, Pakistan
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Free Wifi in lounge
Excellent food but most of food was sea one :p
Hi-Tea was good and really liked the pastries !
Staff was very friendly and they solved my internet problem also.
final verdict: nice place to stay !

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear UsamaPerwez,

Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! Thanks a lot for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.

Subang Jaya, Malaysia
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I stayed in this hotel only for one night and cant offer exhaustive review, but there are some things I like to highlight. Staff is friendly in the Front Office and worked really fast for my check in, being tired from traveling and arriving very late getting to bed fast was good. Room was clean and had enough space as expected and no complaints from that side. Amenities were good and I took nice pencil as souvenir. Breakfast was good but service was not up to standards, if you have coffee served to table it has to come fast and without hassle. Now I had to wave my hand around and look for waiter to bring my coffee for quite long time. I rather get my coffee myself than wait for long time. In summary a good hotel but some service needs improving.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Kuluttaja,

Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! I would like to thank you for your feedback on recent stay with us. We will review the shortfall for future improvements.

Best wishes to you!

Regards, Eric Tan.
Canberra
Reviewed December 2, 2013

As an Accor fan I had my first Pullman experience in Kuching.
The hotel was great, the staff helpful and a really great experience. It is in a great location. You can walk around Kuching and very easily, which is a lovely city with lots to see and experience,
The cafe is lovely for a light lunch. The staff in the Club lounge were absolutely lovely and really helpful

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank carltonCanberra
PullmanKuching, General Manager at Pullman Kuching, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear carltonCanberra,

Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching!

Thank you so much!! I am so pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us here. I'm looking forward to welcoming you back here in Pullman Kuching.

Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed December 2, 2013

After a string of very successful stays in Pullman hotels in Thailand, China, and Indonesia, the streak was broken at Kuching. First, the hardware. This is the first and only Pullman I have ever stayed in that I would describe as "run down." Someone decided white walls were the way to go but they aren't keeping up with them. They are dirty and scuffed all over the hotel. Most of the hotel is in need of some paint. There are several areas of the hotel that don't look like they are guest areas. Just outside the lifts in the lobby are giant steel doors with big red fire warnings. When I got out of the elevator on the third floor, I honestly thought I got off on the wrong floor. The entrance to the spa looks like a staff area. The walls are plain white, also with industrial doors as well as ugly industrial flooring. It is not a welcome one expects when heading to a spa at a 5-star hotel. The breakfast restaurant seems to be wanting for resources as well. There was a very apparent lack of coffee cups and salt and pepper shakers. Many tables had only saucers and no coffee cups while others had nothing. Salt and pepper was even harder to find. I had to ask other tables to borrow when I needed. Again, not something expected at a 5-star hotel. The very large bathtub felt cold and unwelcoming. Pullman Bangkok had bath salts and a little rubber duck on the edge of tub. Pullman Kuching didn't even have toiletries available. There was only one set in room and they were in the shower.
The software didn't fair much better. Apparently, I had booked some promotional package that included a food and beverage or spa voucher. Unfortunately, no one bothered to tell me until I looked at my reservation on the last night of my stay. As a result, I didn't even have the option to use since I was not given when I arrived. The computer system is a nightmare. I was not given any login information on checkin. When I got to my room and realized a password is needed, I called the front desk and was given an extremely long password. Every other hotel I have stayed in prints a password for you to take with you to your room. Breakfast was a madhouse. No one greets you when you enter, seats you, or provides any other service. I am thankful I am not a coffee or tea drinker because there was no one around to offer or even be asked. Room service messed up my order, and on and on. The service was poor to say the least.
Positives: rooms and bathrooms are huge, gym is nice, pool is large.
I will try again, but I expect better from Pullman and the hotel really needs a bit of investment. Oh, and there were tiny little ants in my room on a very high floor!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
PullmanKuching, General Manager at Pullman Kuching, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear jchanlifat,

Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching!

I would like to thank you for your feedback on recent stay with us. We are rest assured and review the shortfall for future improvements. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.

Best wishes to you!

Regards, Eric Tan.
Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

Nice, modern, comfortable and clean, we got a good deal through Agoda.com. Love the location: Chinatown at Jalan Pedungan is just a stone's throw away, and Jalan Ewe Hai is on the side of the hotel. At the Pedungan, you can savour good Kolo mee stall, Chinese roast, as well as good Western food like Tom cafe and Bing Coffee. At Ewe Hai, make sure you try Black Bean Coffee, a local gourmet coffee joint and truly an understated gem.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family