Pullman Kuching
56 Hotel(Kuching)
$31
$25
Priceline
Kuching Waterfront Lodge(Kuching)(Great Value!)
$27
$25
$26
$20
2,155 results
All reviewsyoga matpuzzle restaurantthe riverdeluxe roomhuge bathroomchinese restauranttop spotshopping mallmodern hotelexecutive floorseafoodbreakfast buffetlobby areabusiness tripf brain showerfront office
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Where do I start! When you enter the hotel you enter in to this huge chasm of a space with white everywhere and little colour to soften the glare. It has obviously been designed to be "modern" and show off that Kuching has a top class hotel but unfortunately it has a little way to go yet. Touch of the airport terminal about it.
Staff are personable and try their best but I suspect their training has been limited and the limitations do show early on.
The rooms are a good size and are equipped with the requisite facilities to achieve the five star status. However if you look a little closer the cracks do show. Flooring is a cheap laminate which is beginning to suffer from the humidity and general wear. Door handle for the adjoining room came adrift in hand shortly after arriving. Swiss army knife sorted problem.
Pool area is looking a bit shabby and again suffers from the large slabs of white everywhere. The bar at the pool was odd as you ordered a drink which was sent up from the bar in the foyer. Why have a fully equipped bar if you fail to us it. Another minor point but one which simply adds to the irritation.
In general the hotel seemed to be overstaffed with a multitude of doormen and bar staff all hovering around.
The foyer bar is set up on a plinth in the middle of the huge ground floor. Not a particularly intimate setting for a bar with patrons open to the glare of all and sundry walking through the foyer, a little uncomfortable.
The hotel does however have one saving grace, the Chinese restaurant. On our first night we thought better of venturing out and ventured into the Chinese. Quite brilliant, the chief here obviously knew his business, duck three ways possibly one of the best dishes ever. The whole experience was wonderful. The waiter talked us though the menu, made some recommendations and guided us though the extensive choices in a very professional and skilful manner. The meal as a whole experience was quite simply up there with the best. Expensive but worth it, having spent more on Michelin starred meals this was a real find.
My recommendation is don't stay in the hotel but do visit the Chinese restaurant as it is quite brilliant, but do so before the chef gets snapped up by someone who appreciates his talents.
Not really a five star hotel but a five star restaurant.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank JDWH
PullmanKuching, General Manager at Pullman Kuching, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Dear JDWH, Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We will review and rectify the shortfall for future improvements. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.

Should you need any further enquiries, do drop an email to me at eric.tan@accor.com.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I was at the Pullman for a wedding. It was a surreal experience. Decor was Beijing chic from the 1970s. It's designed as a timber tycoon's dream cabin, in square brick form. I had a drink in the bar to escape the hideous ballroom and the even uglier food. The bar was like a set from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. The bartender was bored and let me know it, but the first drink was terrific - Bombay Sapphire with a little carafe of tonic water on the side. I wish I could have said the Guinness was like what James Joyce might have had at Davy Byrne's, but it wasn't, at all. A salutary experience. Try never to set foot in this awful, overpriced, uglier-than-sin hotel, if you can help it.

Room Tip: Try the Hilton.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
PullmanKuching, General Manager at Pullman Kuching, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Dear SimplySimX, Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! I would like thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

The location although a little up the hill provides a fantastic view of the surrounding. The hotel decorated the room to celebrate our wedding anniversary. My wife was totally speechless and happy. The room was spacious and nice. In fact, we were so comfortable that we stayed in the hotel longer than other hotels. The jacuzzi was great and located on level 2. The only problem is the wifi which is only available at the lobby.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
PullmanKuching, General Manager at Pullman Kuching, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Dear danieltanhh, Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! I would like thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed at the Pullman twice - the first time was 2 years ago and, more recently, just 2 weeks ago. We were equally impressed on both occasions.

On both occasions, we stayed on the West facing side of the hotel which gave us an amazing 180 degrees view of Kuching city in the morning and another amazing view during sunset!

It is also centrally located within the older historical sections of Kuching. It is within walking distance to the Kuching Water Front, the Main Bazaar, the Court House, Carpenter Street, India Street, Padungan Street, Patanak Streets, etc. While we have a car in the basement of the hotel, we preferred to walk to these historical sections to soak in the local atmosphere.

We look forward to stay here again next year!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear TongT950, Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! I would like thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.

Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Location is great
Close to riverside , market , restaurant and shopping .
Car parking is ample and free for room guest .
Minor complain is no free wifi in the room however 2 hours free wifi is available at the lobby . Though cable Internet is complimentary in the room .
Iron n ironing board with free tea and coffee facilities .
Swimming pool is large enough for lap swimming
House keeping and room service are swift.
Front desk staff are friendly too

Would return definitely

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Happy258, Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! I would like thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.