“Director”

Pullman Kuching
Ranked #6 of 55 Hotels in Kuching
Reviewed July 31, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
PullmanKuching, General Manager at Pullman Kuching, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

There are newer reviews for Pullman Kuching

Reviewed July 31, 2013

When I arrived in the room it had a kind of drain smell which housekeeping helped to spray air freshner.next there is no wifi in the room, only cable internet and there was no cable in the room.staff asked me to search even inside the closet before bringing up a cable for me.the rain shower cannot be switched to normal shower as the switch will not work.
The room is very large and the view is good.linen is clean.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear susan8099, Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! I would like thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are rest assusred to review and recity the shortfall for furture improvements. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.

Should you need any further enquiries, do drop an email to me at eric.tan@accor.com.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at Pullman. It was nice and centrally located. The breakfast buffet was good and we were upgraded upon arrival which was lovely. Would be helpful if there was free wifi in the rooms as well rather than just the lobby but overall a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear CityMel, Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! I would like thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed in Pullman for 3 days and it was great. The view from the room was nice, and the room was well-maintained. The room was nice and spacious, and the bathroom was heaven- with a rain shower and bathtub. The hotel lobby was bright and inviting, gym facilities were good. The Pullman was also close to great places in Kuching- Top spot food court was just outside it.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
PullmanKuching, General Manager at Pullman Kuching, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear m_a_t_1984_12, Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! I would like thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

We stayed here as part of our honeymoon and were fortunate to stay in a deluxe king room which was huge and very comfortable. The view was stunning. The service generally was fantastic although there was a rather surly waitress at breakfast. The location was excellent and it was just a short walk down into town and to the waterfront so this is a great base from which to explore the local area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
PullmanKuching, General Manager at Pullman Kuching, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

Dear Amy W, Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! I would like thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Deluxe King Room must be at least 40 sq m. as the Toilet is already 11 sq m! Brand new, great King Size bed, good lighting and large windows with great views! Unfortunately I stayed only one nite so did not have time to enjoy the facilities. Deluxe Room only get 1 hour Internet in Room, WIFI only in Lobby. Don't understand why this type of chain hotel (Accor) always wants to charge for Internet whilst if I book a small boutique, fast Internet will be free!!
Lots of choices for buffet breakfast. There is an integrated Mall, so pretty convenient, but the Mall is pretty quiet though as Kuching has a small population.

Room Tip: Ask for King Size Room
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Jeffmachoman, Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! I would like thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights in the deluxe king room where I enjoyed the bathtub and its city view. Although I enjoyed my stay, there were enough niggles to prevent me from giving it five stars.

1) Make sure you get a room floor 10 or higher. Why? Because a card is required when you select your floor to get in the elevator. Sounds simple enough? No, because the card reader is on one side of the elevator, and is touchy. There is a mad dash for everyone to get their floor selected (and if you're on a lower floor , the elevator may have passed your floor already), and the cards don't work half the time. I saw people coming back down all the way to first floor because they didn't get in time.

2) No wi-fi. I thought it was no big deal -- I was going alone, and didn't plan on using my computer. But if you like browsing your laptop in bed or on the toilet it's a nuisance.

3) Greedy cab drivers. The taxi drivers know Pullman is one of the more expensive hotels and will charge you extortionate rates. There is a known flat fee from taxi -> airport 26 MYR and this is already fairly high as hostels/other hotels will offer it for much lower. When I departed, the taxi driver asked for 34 MYR. No, it's not much money, but I hate get taken in for a sucker. I made like I was going to take my luggage to a nearby hotel, and then he lowered it to 26MYR. The gouging left a bad taste in my mouth.

Pros: Close to ABC Seafood and a nice massage place. The room itself was roomy, bed was very comfortable (I came back, wanting to buy a new mattress because I rested so well), and the bathroom was bigger than my bedroom at home. I think couples would really enjoy the room and the large windows which offer city views and a peek of the river. The buffet breakfast was good and the diversity kept me happy for 3 mornings.

I went solo and wanted to try a lot of excursions. Unfortunately, a lot of the tour places are closed on Sunday (which I didn't know) and I never saw the tour place in the hotel opened. I think if I was in a less business/formal hotel I would have gotten more help, but I felt at a loss at the Pullman as the concierge wasn't much help, and I didn't trust the taxi drivers. It's much cheaper to go to the center and get a minivan there.

Room Tip: Floor 10 or higher so that you have time to put your key card in the elevator!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Dear HappyBelly, Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! I would like thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are rest assured to review and notify the shortfall for future improvements. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.