“Terrible service”

Ranked #6 of 54 Hotels in Kuching
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Terrible service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

I am really upset of how Pullman Kuching is treating their customers. The previous trip I stayed here, everything is alright. This time, terrible.

First, we called Housekeeping few times to get extra towel but nobody answer. Waited for a few minutes and then try to call again but to no avail. We had to call the reception to get towels. This is ridiculous. You should have somebody staying in for Housekeeping purposes.

Second, when we entered the car park, pressed the button on the ticket machine and no ticket was issued. Tried to get help by pressing the intercom but guess what? Nobody answer. Honked a few times but nobody turned up. Regretfully, we had to reverse all the way up and headed to the grand entrance and get the attention of the reception. They called the carpark management to get this sorted out and we were requested to again head to the carpark. We did the same thing, pressed the button, no ticket and nobody answered the intercom. I felt stupid. For such a prestigious hotel, with this kind of service. After honking few times, then security turned up. I thought security was supposed to be on watch 24 hours.

I hope Pullman Kuching do something about their services to customers. If this is to continue, I don't think I'll be coming back again to Pullman. This experience surely tarnished Pullman's credibility and name, at least to me and my family.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Arilr
PullmanKuching, General Manager at Pullman Kuching, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Arilr, Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are rest assured to review and notify the shortfall for future improvements. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.

Should you need any further enquiries, do drop an email to me at eric.tan@accor.com.

Regards, Eric Tan.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (350)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, null, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

I booked it for a family 5 day stay after reading excellent reviews, but really guys this is a disappointing experience, mostly because the hotel staff absolutely lack attention to detail. We got a superior room but it was dusty in the corners and under the bed, the sofa was dirty and the shampoo bottles were half full, there is no wifi in the rooms, the fridge not working, not enough towels. Its the little things that make all the difference, especially when you have a small child and tend to spend more time in the hotel room. The breakfast isn't great either, the coffee is of low quality, limited selection of fresh and healthy choices. Plates are dirty, service slow. On the positive side, staff at reception is friendly, the hotel is new and spacious, the swimming pool is of a good size. Hotel location is convenient. Its a good stay for a couple of days if you have a full itinerary and do not need to use the hotel extensively. The hotel hosts a good tour operator called Catcity holidays. The cocktails are pretty good, hubby says they help you forget about the room..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Vic2riaW, Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We rest assured to review and notify the shortfall for future improvements. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.

Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

I stay 2 nights in this Pullman. seems recently Pullman brand expanded quite a bit in Asia. this will be my 3rd Pullman after 2 in Jakarta.
The hotel is spacious, including the room. it happen that we got the big room with big wall window with good view. love it. including a bath tub with a view. just make sure nobody watching you take a shower. fortunately the next building is quite far a part and not exactly opposite us.
Location is good, part of that, because Kuching downtown also not very big, so it easy to navigate by walking. I believe this is the most prominent hotel in Kuching currently as Hilton has been down and under maintenance for sometime.
we went to Kuching for World Music festival and seems many visitor also stay in this hotel.
adjacent to the hotel, there is a shopping mall, but not recomended. not much to see or shop. also expensive for Kuching standard. even the flip flop is much more ex than other places.
Lobby, spacious and so big, i am wondering what they can do with the spaces to make it better uitlized. concierge and reception, exceptionally good.
Food : so so. do not try the cafe in the lobby area. horrible food. and the cakes also, including the coffee. i think the hotel need to relook the quality.
housekeeping : excellent, a different choice of pillow is available to choose and they deliver exactly to the point. thanks.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear limweihan, Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We will review the shortfall for future improvements.

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

I would say this is just a 4 star hotel but with the 5 star pricing. I booked a Deluxe room in Pullman Kuching because of the Rainforest Music Festival. The location is awesome, walkable around the city. The room meet our expectation, spacious, amenities all provided but unfortunately no wifi in the room (only at lobby) which I give a negative point on this. Service in the restaurant was bad, i ordered a fish but wrongly served me a chicken. That was maybe a careless mistake which i'm ok with it but less than 2 minutes they served me a mushroom soup which i didnt ordered. I couldnt understand why they can make the mistake twice with only 2 tables occupied(included our table) in the restaurant. However, i will try stay in Hilton on my next visit and compare again as the price almost the same.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear ilovediving123, Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We will review the shortfall for future improvements.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

The Pullman deserves the generally good reviews it gets here. The rooms are well appointed and maintained, the staff attentive, and the facilities & food very good. The hotel's location is perfect, a short walk to the waterfront and restaurants. A tour office in the lobby helps with trips to the nearby tourist attractions.

I was in Kuching on business and made good use of the Pullman's business facilities, whilst my wife enjoyed the spa and pool. We will definitely stay at the Pullman again when we're next in town.

Room Tip: Both sides of the hotel enjoy river views, check for deals on the Executive Floors. Well worth the...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear EnglishAbroad63, Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! I would like thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

This was my second time at The Pullman Kuching, as I absolutely loved my first stay there 2 years ago.
Not only is the location good, but everything about the hotel is simply outstanding. The impeccable service, the luxurious room with it's gorgeous bathroom; the pool, gym and spa, and the inhouse bar and restaurants made my stay there tremendously enjoyable.
Will I return? Most definitely!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
PullmanKuching, General Manager at Pullman Kuching, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Mimi K, Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! I would like thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.

Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Everything about the property is beyond perfection. You don't need to travel outside of the hotel for anything and you shouldn't because nothing else will really compare. This place is incredible. The room was luxurious. Heard no noise from outside. The staff was beyond excellent. We recommend this place and fully enjoyed our experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear clairmar, Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! I would like thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.