“Huge Rooms on top Of Green Hill”
Review of Pullman Kuching

Pullman Kuching
Ranked #6 of 55 Hotels in Kuching
Reviewed July 2, 2013

The Pullman Kuching like many other reviews may note, is a relatively new hotel, in the order of 3-4 years old.

It is well located to the main bazaar, Jalan Carpenter and Little India.

We stayed in a Deluxe Room with King Sized bed. The room and bathroom were very very generous in size, with more floorspace provided than some flats I have lived in! The rooms are well appointed; the bed was very comfy and we slept well.

A big gripe for us is the lack of wi-fi in the rooms, with the only availability for wi-fi in the hotel within the lobby or by cable in room. Bandwidth availability was also very poor.

The breakfast buffet was a generous affair, and of pretty good quality.

If we are every in Kucching again we would consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing west towards the river.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hilly979
PullmanKuching, General Manager at Pullman Kuching, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Dear hilly979, Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are rest assured and rectify the shortfall for future improvements. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.

Should you need any further enquiries, do drop an email to me at eric.tan@accor.com.

There are newer reviews for Pullman Kuching

Reviewed July 2, 2013

A last minute vacation was set up 1 week before my birthday. Since Pullman is the newest hotel in Kuching, I naturally reserved a room there. It is conveniently located 15 minutes away from the airport. Plenty of shopping malls nearby. The famous roof top seafood is walking distance.

I arrived the hotel at about 10:30pm. The room was ready of course. However, as a Platinum member, I did not get any recognition nor any room upgrade. I understand it is on an availability basis. As I travel alone, I expected to have a Kind size bed. It turned out to be a smoking 2 twin bed room. I asked the front desk if I can get another room, but they have declined. The occupancy might be high as the annual music festival was holding over the weekend.

On the second day of the trip, there was a state wide power outage. There were backup lights in the room, but the air conditioner was out. It lasted over 6 hours. By the time the power was restored, it took the hotel another hour to get the air conditioner up and running.

Since most guests decided to stay in the hotel for dinner that night, the cafe restaurant was packed. There were not enough staffs. 2 chefs to men 4 food stations. I felt sorry for them but I think they have done a pretty decent job in that situation.

The staffs were quite friendly except the duty manager on Jun 28. I asked if there is any chance to have the power restored that night, she said she has no idea. I told her I need to plug in my cpap at night for sleeping, and wonder if there is any method to give me one power source. She said. "there is NO POWER, what do you think" and walked away.

The room was clean and tidy. There was no turn down service though. No wifi in the room was really a pain in the butt. Even though I have brought my traveller's router, it can only connect to one device at a time. I ended up using tethering of my cell phone. Speed was even better.

Another interesting thing was the guests next door ordered room service on the power outage night, the tray was left in front of the room. It was still there when I checked out 2 days later. I simply can't understand why no one bothered to take it away.

I think I will give it another try when I return to Kuching next time.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank chantaimen
PullmanKuching, General Manager at Pullman Kuching, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

Dear chantaimen, Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! I would like thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are review and rectify the shortfall for future improvements. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

As a frequent traveller I have my fair share of experiencing different service standards and I had quite a few bad service encounters. My stay at Pullman Hotel Kuching tops the list of "worse service".
Firstly, when I checked into the hotel I asked for wifi password. They provide free wifi at the lobby area. There are 3 of us and obviously we need 3 wifi password. But we were given only one wifi password as the reception lady puts in " I only have one wifi password left". No initiative to get us another 2 password just a simple "come back tomorrow"!
Secondly, it's was raining n we need an umbrella to go out for dinner. Went to the front desk and a guy told us... "no umbrella left, we have run out of umbrellas".
Solution given to us was to brave the rain and run to the nearest 7-11 to buy an umbrella!!!! I am entirely stunned that such a big hotel can run out of wifi password and umbrellas!!!
Majority of the front liners were lacking in initiative provision of assistance. They would prefer you to not bother them.
I gave the hotel 2 stars for (1) buffet breakfast spread (2) modern clean room.
Overall hotel has more negative to positive. Negative like no in-room wifi, tv channels have poor reception with blurry images and some channels have no sound and most important lousy service.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Mimidichi

Dear 639639, Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! I would like thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are review and rest assured to rectify the shortfall for future improvements. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Booked 2 rooms and stayed 5 nights with my family...great hotel...only complaint is that our rooms were not ready when we arrived at 3.30pm...need waited for another 1+hr...reason given was that their rooms were full the night before and insufficient time to clean up...cabs readily available including maxi cabs which is great for big groups...there's a connecting shopping centre with a food court and some restaurants...shopping was limited though as only a few shops are available...Top Spot within walking distance.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jenfairy

Dear Jenfairy, Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are rest assured and review the shortfall for future improvements. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

I was surprised how the pullman staff handled my reservation since the beginning , I was called a Ms rather than a Mr even though the reservation agent was clearly hearing a male voice.
Upon check-in we were welcomed my wife and I by the doorman and he took care of the luggage and escorted us to the desk. The receptionist Hazel took my passport for registration and collected cash deposit too, however it took more than 10 minutes to check us in. The registration form had Ms again and I told her to change it back to Mr but still when she printed the cash deposit receipt I could see clearly that my name was under Ms...Hazel did not even apologize really really unprofessional.I could see the duty manager talking to other staff members and ignoring guests. We were not escorted to the elevator the receptionist was just pointing out the way ( which I find completely absurd ). The room we stayed in had the minibar empty and visible damage on the television table and the magazine one plus the sofa was not confortable too. You could see yellow stains at the toilet area and shower room , what made it worse is that we did not have a turn down service through out. No towels , no toiletries replenishment , no amenity...etc
I was expecting the best by walking into the stunning facade and the spacious lobby , however the service and product really let me down during my stay. It was my first stay with the pullman and I was hoping for a holiday instead I was welcomed by a disaster.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank zakovic
PullmanKuching, General Manager at Pullman Kuching, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Dear zakovic, Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are rest assured to review and rectify the shortfall for future improvements. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching. .

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Staying there for 2 night during my visit in Kuching.

The hotel is new, clean and convenient. It's just few minute walk and it's to the Esplanade.

Food centre is around this place. Range from Malay to Chinese to Western... and below the hotel is a shopping centre.

Room is big and good view of the Sarawak RIver. Bed is super comfort and the pillow is amazing comfort too.

The hotel pool is big and come with a jacuzzi too... The gym is in the same floor as the children play centre.

Breakfast was great...combination with western and local food e.g: Kolo Mee and Laksa Sarawak.

The front desk people are friendly and the bell boy name Arif is very helpful.

Will definitely come back to this Pullman Hotel in future if i am travelling back to Kuching again.

Room Tip: Get the Deluxe Room
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Zoakies

Dear Zoakies, Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! I would like thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Great tidy hotel Located close to the river and shopping malls. Well organized transport and travel services. Travel agency on site. Good swimming pool and spa, fitness center. Recommended for business and pleasure travel. Clean comfortable rooms, good service

Room Tip: The higher - he better
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear alex311327, Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! I would like thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.