“only if free wifi available”
Review of Pullman Kuching

Pullman Kuching
Ranked #6 of 55 Hotels in Kuching
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Only if there is a free wifi available in guestroom, I would give it overall an excellent stay. Being the newest hotel in town, I would expect an up-to-date facilities. Yes, there is a broadband access but nowadays people using smartphones & tablets. Only nerd will carry laptop everywhere they go.
Unbeatable location, excellent view on both side of the building. Stayed in executive superior but I discovered that it has similar layout with non-executive superior room. The only difference is, you have a privilege to executive lounge which provide free wifi among other benefits.
Good breakfast but can be really crowded because this hotel is a favourite place to hold conference/seminar etc. Swimming pool & gym located at the same level where there is a conference hall. So, if it happens to be a big conference, you need to brave through among them to get there.
Direct access to Hills shopping complex (mostly empty premises). Easy to find taxi day & night. Many good restaurants are within walking distance. TopSpot is a mere 3 min walk.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
PullmanKuching, General Manager at Pullman Kuching, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

Dear Muslimtraveller_78, Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! I would like thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are rest assured to review and rectify for future improvements. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.

Should you need any further enquiries, do drop an email to me at eric.tan@accor.com.

There are newer reviews for Pullman Kuching

Reviewed June 19, 2013

This is one of the Pullman hotel that offered good value for the price paid for the rooms. We were staying at the club floor and the club lounge was simply fantastic. It offered a great view of Kuching city and it is huge as compared to some of the other lounges in other hotels. There are always ample seats and the lounge was never crowded even during the breakfast time. Stay in the club rooms when you are staying in this hotel, you will have a good time enjoying the view and plushness of the place.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank cwkllf

Dear A TripAdvisor Member, Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! I would like thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.

Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Deluxe King Room. It was spacious, modern n chic. The room has a big window overlooking the town. The bathroom was incredible with bath tub with a view. The room also has a small walk in closet. It was very thoughtful of the management to provide a pair of 1kg dumbbells and a yoga mat. Pillows are excellent and enough for me and hubby. We usually fought for pillows haha. Bed was very comfortable. Loving the toiletries also! Love everything about this hotel, love the pool, love the spa. The pool is very child freindly with playground.

• Stayed: June 2013
PullmanKuching, General Manager at Pullman Kuching, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear Nance80, Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! I would like thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I thought this is supposed to be a 4 star hotel? At least I paid the price of a good starred hotel.

The good:

- Room is clean
- Room is spacious, then again, I stayed in club room, no idea what the normal room would be like
- No wi-fi internet but I used my laptop as the 'router' to connect to my iPhone. I was pleased that the network is pretty reliable and allowed my Windows Mail to send and receive emails seamlessly (Usually, Windows Mail for some technical reason could be refusing sending of emails). HOWEVER not reliable, too slow for video/audio streaming. A little disappointed but still wiling to give this a thumbs up

The bad;
- Cheap thin towels. For a starred hotel, please provide guests with a decent quality, fluffy towels.
- TV reception is SUPER POOR!! I highlighted the problem to house keeping but nothing get fixed. WORST than in budget hotels!! BBC was down due to 'bad connection/signal' and some channels have no audio.
- Check-out at counter was so disorganized. Oh, please, kindly designate CHECK-IN and CHECK-OUT. I want to pay, yes, give you money
- Insufficient power points in the room

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank jsbach_sg

Dear jsbach_sg, Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We will review and rectify the shortfall for future improvements. I am looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Slept at the Family Room (1 king + 1 single bed) for 2 nights! And we slept at Hilton for 1 night as there was a last minute change of plan.

Overall, we love our stay at Pullman! You will be attended to the moment you alight from your vehicle. The hotel design, including the rooms, is contemporary - very nice! The hotel is very new too! Our most favourite part is the size of the room - very big! And the toilet is also spacious!

Buffet breakfast was also superb! Some of the dishes were different between the 2 breakfasts we had there. Service staff was also helpful and attended to our needs quick! 3-4 counters are available to prepare for dishes on-the-spot; namely the egg counter, noodles counter, congee counter. Pastries were also baked fresh which was displayed clearly. My parents enjoyed the excellent taste of the dishes.

The only troublesome part is that we had to call the housekeeping twice to request for toiletries. And the lift require guests to slot in their room card before being able to press the level you are heading to. And if you join a big group of guests in the lift, you may miss your room floor!

The location of the hotel is located on top of a hill. Hence, those with elderly or young kids, you may find a little bit troublesome to climb up the very steep path back to the hotel after an evening stroll at the waterfront!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
PullmanKuching, General Manager at Pullman Kuching, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Dear Nizam_Khal, Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! I would like thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Stayed in the Pullman twice in quick succession in June. Staff good, Hotel either new or newly renovated. Good location at top of hill two blocks from water and steps from other attractions. Reasonably priced and good base for a couple of nights in the city before heading to other sights outside the city.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
PullmanKuching, General Manager at Pullman Kuching, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

Dear stumack, Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! I would like thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

This is the best hotel in Kuching for a good price. Spa, restaurant and service were excellent!
The location of the hotel is also very good. We really enjoyed our stay a lot! Would definitely recommend it to anybody traveling to Borneo. Breakfast was a bit pricey but you good so much food for it!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear OntheRun S, Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! I would like thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.