Pullman Kuching
$31
$41
$33
  • Breakfast included
Basaga Holiday Residences(Kuching)(Great Value!)
$28
$32
$79
$64
2,170 results
All reviewsyoga matpuzzle restaurantthe riverdeluxe roomhuge bathroomchinese restauranttop spotshopping mallmodern hotelexecutive floorseafoodbreakfast buffetlobby areabusiness tripf brain showerfront office
Reviewed June 6, 2013

The entrance lobby is beautifully bright and full of bars and coffee shops and restaurants etc. A lovely cheery welcome to this property which stands one main street back from the Riverside. I am sure that most rooms have a view of the river as the hotel is on top of a small hill. I was staying on the executive floor, the ame floor on which the lounge is situated. Let's talk about the room first. I was lucky enough to be upgraded to a Junior suite. This is enormous, two very large rooms and also large bathroom. It is a little plainly furnished in the lounge but the bedroom seems more cosy. During the day the views are fantastic and at night of course there is the Kuching skyline at which to goggle. The problem I found was the completely inadequate lighting in the room, especially the lounge. It consists of various spots and one standing lamp in the corner and one desk lamp. For a room of its size the lighting was hopeless, either too bright like a Chinese restaurant or too dark like the black hole of Calcutta.
The Executive Lounge however is wonderfully lit and offers fairly extensive canapes, afternoon tea cakes and decent cocktails etc. There are lovely sofas and chairs on which to relax.and it is manned by fairly experienced and helpful staff.
The swimming pool is partly covered so is good for those who do not want to be in direct sunshine, fairly large but the area around again lacks warmth of decor and plants etc.
Staff in the rest of the hotel are very helpful and polite and seem well trained.
All in all, quite a good experience for the weekend but if I were to return, I would be bringing my own lighting with me!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
PullmanKuching, General Manager at Pullman Kuching, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Dear RalphSingapore66, Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! I would like thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.

Should you need any further enquiries, do drop an email to me at eric.tan@accor.com.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Stayed in Pullman Kuching for 4 nights in May 2013 for the first time.
Room comfortable with great view of the river and friendly staff
Hotel just minutes away from the river and in a central location - just walking distance to seafood restaurants and also local hawker food.

Room Tip: Great value hotel
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
PullmanKuching, General Manager at Pullman Kuching, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear meldans, Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! I would like thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

This was my second time staying in Pullman Kuching. The first stay was good but not this time around. Firstly they accidentally charged rm3200 to my credit card which did not do through but nearly gave me a heart attack!! The housekeeping service was not good either as we checked into the room, the tea/coffee facility was not replenished, we had to call for them. We also asked for extra towel and blanket which seemed to take the scenic route before arriving to our room.

Other than that, the stay was ok.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
PullmanKuching, General Manager at Pullman Kuching, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear rhairul, Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We will review and rectify the shortfall for future improvements.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

The Pullman situated in town up the hill from the Hilton Hotel has great views, comfortable rooms, an adjacent shopping centre and plenty of basement parking. Its fantastic value especially when you consider the quality of the accommodation, the location ( a short stroll down hill to the riverside promenade) and the yummy breakfasts.
I particularly like the variety of local cuisine and the tropical fruits.
I briefly visited the pool and it looked nice but strangely, no one was there. The gym was poorly equipped so I did not use it.
Loved watching the storm rolling in from my windows. Great newish hotel, comfy room, fantastic breakfast. I will definitely stay at the Pullman Kuching again on my next trip to my home town.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear JLo7504, Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! I would like thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

I had fond memories of this place from my first visit on holiday with my husband 2 years ago. This recent visit for 2 nights was for work and those memories enveloped me and it felt like coming home. The staff were friendly, the bed huge and fantastically comfortable, great shower and spacious bathroom (anyone who has read any of my reviews on TripAdvisor will know that these are my priorities in travel!) with wonderful views across to... Santubong?

I ate and drank at most of the outlets, plus room service, and the food was consistently good, including the lovely fresh breakfast buffet with great selection on offer. One disadvantage was not having wifi in my room and the peripatetic nature of the passwords given for the lobby wifi did make accessing all the communications I needed a little less easy. Still it also meant I could set up in the pleasant bar with a refreshing gin as I wrote up my day's work.

It has a good gym, although most of the treadmills tended to be in line with the morning sun which made working on them early a little harder work than you may expect. But everything needed is there.

Its wide, white lobby was a great refuge from the heat that lovely Kuching (one of my favourite places in itself) was suffering from - and I was happy to be able to retreat into it as often as possible. Most enjoyable, most welcoming, most comfortable and value for money.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Sue W, Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! I would like thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay here with us. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.