Pullman Kuching
Average 3/5
Great 4.5/5
  • Restaurant
2,155 results
All reviewsyoga matpuzzle restaurantthe riverdeluxe roomhuge bathroomchinese restauranttop spotshopping mallmodern hotelexecutive floorseafoodbreakfast buffetlobby areabusiness tripf brain showerfront office
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Location is good, there is not much to do in Kuching anyway, but it's close to the river where there are some restaurants

Rooms are clean and decent size

Ladies at the front desk look like they just won a beauty contest.

Service very poor though:

Check-in:
Asked for a king room - arrive in my room and it's 2 beds, so needed to go down and get another room - bit of a hassle as was tired

Wifi:
Not in rooms. It's 2013... not 1996

House-keeping:
I asked for a toothbrush before going to sleep. It took 7 calls and 45 minutes for the toothbrush to arrive at my room. Sounds like I am exaggerating here, but I am really not - which is the worrying part

Internet in room:
It wasn't working. Called the evening manager: he didn't help, and told me it was working!? Funny to say the least. It was late and needed to go to bed so after 5 minutes of explaining it really was not working and the chap didn't understand, I called it a day and went to bed slightly frustrated.

Would I go back? Unlikely as a result of the bad service - there is a hilton opposite which is probably a safer bet.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Michiel_PR
PullmanKuching, General Manager at Pullman Kuching, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Dear Michiel _PR, Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! I would like thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are rest assured and rectify the shortfall for future improvements. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.

Should you need any further enquiries, do drop an email to me at eric.tan@accor.com.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

My partner and I are just leaving Kuching to travel to our next destination. Whilst in Kuching we stayed at the lovely Pullman. We could not fault a thing. It was very clean, the staff were all very attentive. We dined at the restuarant a couple of times and the food was always of a good standard. For location the Pullman is excellent for being central to all. Walking distance to the river, local shops and further dining. Also for those wanting tours there is a tour shop located in the lobby of the Hotel. Would definetly stay here again. Loved Kuching

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear 65Shaz, Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! I would like thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

We recently stayed at the Pullman Kuching. As frequent Accor Hotel visitors, we particularly enjoyed the room size and the hotel location. However, no WiFi availability in the rooms was a disappointment. The Executive Longe benefits were excellent regarding food, but a very limited choice of wines was offered in the evening. Would we go back? Yes!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Maggiwithoutane

Dear Maggiwithoutane, Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! I would like thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

As a part of our Borneo trip we stay 4 nights in Kuching. What a lovely city! We were in Bako national park and similar natural sightseeing around, but Kuching city is realy worth to be looking into. Many of it's nice parts are in walking distance from the hotel.

Pullman hotel in Kuching was opened in March 2010, so it is relatively new. Rooms are spacious, great bathroom to. It has shower and bath to. There is great pool area, 25m pool is just excelent.

Only one drawback is internet connecion. There is no wifi in rooms, just wired internet, but this is expensive. We used Hotlink mobile internet instead.

We did not booked breakfast, but try food in our pool time. It was great. There is shopping mall adjacent to hotel. And there is Old Town restaurant. Which is lovely and for reasonable price.

2  Thank Tibor P

Dear TiborBA, Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! I would like thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are rest assured and rectify the shortfall for future improvements. I'm looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

We stayed two nights over a long weekend and very much enjoyed our stay. We have stayed at the Damai Beach area previously which is a bit of a trek from the airport, so we wanted to have another try and stay in the centre of town. The Pullman has a great spot atop the hill, very close to the river. The hotel is modern and bright, with spacious rooms which have great views over the river. We had the best nights sleep in many months thanks to the extremely comfortable beds - among the most comfortable we've had in hotel rooms! The bar downstairs is a great place to relax, and staff were very friendly. One (minor) area for improvement would be wi-fi in the rooms, although it was nice to have some 'downtime' away from emails for a while (free wi-fi is available in the reception area)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Daave_Marshall, Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! I would like thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are rest assured and notify the shortfall for improvement. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.