“Clean and new”

Ranked #6 of 55 Hotels in Kuching
Singapore, null, Singapore
“Clean and new”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed at Pullman about a year ago and again this trip (Feb2013). It is clean, new and the housekeeping service is superb. Their response time is great and from the 6-7 times that I called them during the 3 night stay, they delivered all items correctly and it was delivered timely. No questions asked, no excuses. It's well connected to the Hills shopping centre, and short walk to the Top spot seafood. Otherwise, the taxi is always available. I love the fact that taxi has become more easily available in Kuching.
My kids enjoyed the pool and jacuzzi this trip, and it is nice to have a small playground there too. We always go for the massages at the spa. The service at the spa may be improved slightly (by training the staff to explain the packages and services offered) and I think it will be nice for the guests to be given a small gift upon ending a spa package/hotel stay. Like Banyan Tree, and many other hotels, they present a small souvenir to all their house guests. It is a nice gesture for the guests and also to promote local Sarawak crafts.
Tip : we asked the hotel to open the room window, and as we were staying at the 15th floor, it was wonderful to have the fresh air instead of the air con all the time. (Be extra cautious when you have children in the room though).

Room Tip: Rooms facing front of hotel may be quieter as we could hear the music from the pub downstairs until...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
PullmanKuching, General Manager at Pullman Kuching, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Dear Catherine L, Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! I would like thank you for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us as well the kids enjoy the pool and jacuzzi. We will review the shortfall for future improvements. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.

Should you need any further enquiries, do drop an email to me at eric.tan@accor.com.

Regards, Eric Tan.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (360)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore
Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Back to Pullman Kuching. Still not much to write about, which is for the better.
Aircon deficient - the staff pretended not to be aware and to do something about it, but of all the 3 days spent there, the maximum room temperature was 20*C, more usually 18*C - way too much difference with the external temperature.
Tried the breakfast this time - not worth: "chefs" who baked pastries with palm oil know what their food taste like... Instead walked around the hotel and sample local food anywhere for a fraction of the cost.
On the positive side, late check-out was much appreciated.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
PullmanKuching, General Manager at Pullman Kuching, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear usually_unfussy, Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We will review on the shorfall for future improvements.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The Pullman Kuching is well located in the city centre. It is palatial in its layout of common areas such that a few ballrooms can be fitted in its lobby. It's rooms are luxuriously fitted with the most comfortable of beds, sheets are crisp and clean, ensuring guests of a good night's rest. The bathroom is huge ... with a generous-sized long bath and a shower area. Immediately outside the main shower area is a bench for ease of changing clothes, useful for elderly guests. The room has a breathtaking view of the city centre because of a ceiling to floor glass window. Breakfast is a feast - a very wide selection of food is available, from salads to desserts and popular local fare. Menu changes daily. Overall, the Pullman is excellent value for money. I would stay there again and recommend friends to stay as well.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the elevator if you dont want to have to walk too far to reach your room. Remem...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
PullmanKuching, General Manager at Pullman Kuching, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear PAXX3483, Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! I would like thank you for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us, enjoy the foods and our room as well. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.

The Hague
Reviewed February 25, 2013

had a pleasant week in pullman kuching in dec '12. its central location and connected to a mall gives it good and cheaper dining options. the ipohtown kopitiam was our regular but they have other options like sushi, western, mini food court and others. theres also a launderette across the road and price is reasonable. the famous topspot seafood restaurant is just 2 mins away. the hotel is only few years old so the room and facilities are still in very good shape. modern decor, wooden floors and overall very clean, important for our daughter with all sors of allergies.. the room cleaning is done well but they dont do good job of clearing food trays along corridor. the riverside is just 5 mins down the hill and offers nice walk and scene along the river. definitely would be back if we are in kuching. we had a special online price which made it great value.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank eezie
Dear eezie, Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! I would like thank you for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us and review the shortfall for future improvements. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.

Canberra, Australia
Reviewed February 21, 2013

The Pullman is a short stroll to the Main Bazaar it is in the perfect location. Staff were friendly and helpful, the hotel was very clean and comfortable. A recommended place to stay while in Kuching.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Clastic, Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! I would like thank you for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

First and foremost, the fact that the hotel is strategically located in the heart of Kuching, it provide excellent access to explore the city with everything just few minutes away.

Before I go further, let's talk about the hotel itself. Pullman provides free parking in the basement of the building, which is a big thumbs up. The lift arrives directly at the pullman lobby. All you need to do is just get your ticket validated at the receptionist and off you go. The hotel has modern looks. You need to insert the room card into the slot in the lift to be able to press your room level. I love the carpet design that covers each of the floor starting right in front of the lift. The room is normal I would say. Sufficient space to walk around and lay your things around. The bathroom is kinda huge with a bathtub and a shower with screen. However, I noticed that the furniture in the room doesnt meet my expectation. It almost look like cheap furniture to me but still that didn't really affect my stay though. The room service was excellent and quick.

Now we go out of the hotel. During my stay, my family and I love to go to the restaurant right across of pullman for breakfast almost everyday which I think it's called warung nusantara. It's open 24 hours and serve good food.

Apart from that, for your info, pullman is attached together with a shopping mall called the hills, which to me is a lame shopping mall, almost dead to me. Except for the long stretch of restaurants on the ground floor. But it could be useful to go there and grab some last minute toiletries and groceries etc. But definitely a big no no for shopping.

Overall, Pullman Kuching is a good place to stay in Kuching, probably the most value for money hotel. It is middle price range about rm200 plus per night.

• Stayed February 2013
PullmanKuching, General Manager at Pullman Kuching, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Arilr, Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! I would like thank you for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us . I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

I stay at hotels quite often and this is one of the best I have stayed.
Such a nice hotel, clean and amazing soft beds along with nice staff made my stay one if the best.
I have stayed at a few hotels in Kuching including the Hilton and Madiga Palace and this hotel beats them all.
Great value, great rooms, staff and great food. I can not fault the place.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear mattarm33_11, Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! I would like thank you for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I'm looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.