“Great hotel, great service!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pullman Kuching

Pullman Kuching
Ranked #7 of 55 Hotels in Kuching
Singapore, Singapore
“Great hotel, great service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

Pullman is likely the best hotel in Kuching; great service, fantastic breakfast spread, every one smiles and is cheerful, particularly from Reuben, Ismail, Hazel, and other front counter staff; would recommend this hotel highly! Well done!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
PullmanKuching, General Manager at Pullman Kuching, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Rupert S, Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! I would like thank you for your positive feedback of your recent stay with us here and compliments to our staffs as well. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.

Should you need any further enquiries, do drop an email to me at eric.tan@accor.com.

Regards, Eric Tan.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (346)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

It's a new hotel with modern design. Clean hotel with walking distance to nearby attractions. Overall, it's a nice stay. Only minus point is the staff at counter with least smile on face and service provided during check-in is slow. P/S: Walking distance to TopSpot seafood. The seafood there is fresh and yummy. A must go.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear jxlam86, Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! I would like thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.

amsterdam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

During our roundtrip in Borneo we stayed in this hotel for 2 nights.
We payed around 60 euro per night for a deluxe, i think it was an openingdeal.

The room was located on the 11 floor and had a great view over Kuching's waterfront / city.
The big windows made us order roomservice for dinner on the first night and just watching the sunsetfrom the bed, amazing!

The breakfast was excluded from the roomprice but worth every penny! Even sushi available.

Swimmingpool was great, fitness area was superb!

The location of the hotel is great, its in the center of Kuching City. Try the chinatown and the river esplanade.

Room Tip: Get a room on a higher floor so you can enjoy the explicit views.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nora-amsterdam
Dear nora-amsterdam, Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! I would like thank you for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us and enjoy our foods. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Yesterday was a bad experience, leak of communication among staff and no greet at all from them except morning Assistant Front Manager. The rest are 'blind' or am was invisible to them or am not mat salleh enough. Most hotel in Malaysia are more excited to entertain minah or mat salleh rather than local guest..well as usual proud of other not by their on kind.

Today knocking the door around 9.45am while am still slept just to gave complementary, a bucket of fruit...good but can u just send it maybe in the afternoon. The guest may want to rest a bit more coz after they left i can't sleep anymore... All my dream and well sleep gone. Went to get a breakfast..the food was a disaster today. With 5 star rating hotel, they serve worst breakfast i ate ever in my entire life...come on, 5 star hotel are you kidding me..

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Faizal A
PullmanKuching, General Manager at Pullman Kuching, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Faizal A, Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We will review the shortfall for future improvements.

Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

I visit Kuching a few times a year for business and leisure. I have always stayed at Four Points Sheraton and I always wanted to try Pullman as it's one of the top hotels in Kuching.

Pullman Kuching is indeed a grand hotel with good facilities that is worth the price. I am very satisfied with the swimming pool, lobby cafe which i visited. However, for the rooms, I didn't like the wooden floor as it made the room feel very dull and dark, but the overall feel of the room is very spacious, luxury and comfortable.

As for location, Pullman is in the heart of the city, however there are limitations in the local food choices as mainly are fast food or restaurants that are available. As for shopping, I would only recommend to head to The Spring which is the biggest and worth place to shop, however you will still need to take a taxi ride from Pullman to the place.

Pullman is more of a luxury business hotel that is centrally located. I will visit Pullman again on my trips back to Kuching. The overall stay experience is a thumbs up!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
PullmanKuching, General Manager at Pullman Kuching, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear brenda21, Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! I would like thank you for your feedback that you had your leisure stay with us. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

Our family of 5 stayed at the Pullman for 4 nights in a deluxe room. The first room we were given stank of cigarette smoke even though we were told it was on a non smoking floor. They quickly changed our room to one that didn't smell.

The rooms are very spacious, beds comfortable and the bathroom huge for a hotel. The pool is big with plenty of chairs to laze on and there is a small childrens playground next to it. They also have an outdoor bar should you wish to order drinks. Our children said the highlight of their Kuching holiday was swimming in the pool.

The only issue we had was waking up at 2am one night with the smell of smoke coming into our room. We rang reception but there wasn't much they could do. There was also a room service tray left outside a room on the floor we were on and we noted the tray wasn't removed for 3 days.

We enjoyed the buffet breakfast, plenty of choices, both western and asian. The hotel is also in a good location, within walking distance to some shops and waterfront.

Unless you are doing some day trips outside of Kuching there isn't alot to do. We walked along the waterfront, which is lit up nicely at nighttime but during the day there were a few dodgey looking characters hanging out and we noticed alot of police patrolling the waterfront. We also visited Sarawak Museum.

We tried a few different places looking for good coffee and based on our experience I think Bing Cafe which is in the shopping centre at the bottom of the hotel is the best if you need your coffee hit. If you need your laundry done we did it at Apple Laundry, opposite the hotel and at 5RM per kg it was good value.

Overall we enjoyed our time at the Pullman and can see why this Hotel is ranked highly on this website.

Room Tip: Make sure you specify non-smoking room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear Vergie5, Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! I would like thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us on the room and you had enjoyed our food. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

When i was checking in the staff are efficient and we had our rooms quite quickly.
The room is weird cause the aircon keep making funny noises like as if it turns off and on. It disturbs my sleep and I am quite a light sleeper. This is my 3rd time here only my first time experiencing this.
The location is very good. It is very near to bars and restaurants with a shopping mall just downstairs also.
What i liked best is the location and the least is probably the hotel atmosphere is quite quiet maybe cause the space is huge.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank hulala87
PullmanKuching, General Manager at Pullman Kuching, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Traveller, Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! I would like thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us and commented on the air-cond in the room. We will review the shortfall for future improvements. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.