“New and nice hotel, Great breakfast, especially the laksa!”
Review of Pullman Kuching

Pullman Kuching
Ranked #6 of 55 Hotels in Kuching
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Very new hotel, we are 2 adults and a kid for vacation, stay for 2 nite at the family room, the room so spacious! My son like it very much. I like the breakfast very much, the nasi lemak rendang, sarawak laksa, really make me mouth watering.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
PullmanKuching, General Manager at Pullman Kuching, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Dear Valued Customer, Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! I thank you for your feedbacks regarding your recent stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.

Should you need any further enquiries, do drop an email to me at eric.tan@accor.com.

Regards, Eric Tan.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,085)

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. It was the final leg of my trip in Cambodia and Malaysia. As I presumed while planning my trip, I was a little bit exhausted after a few days of climbing over Siem Reap temples. So the choice was obvious - 5 star hotel; moreover, the price was ridiculously cheap for this type of accommodation (about $50 per double without breakfast). The hotel has not disappointed me. It's just a few years old, clean and spacious. Location is perfect. The esplanade is 5 min walk from the hotel, city bus station is about 15 min walking. Under the hotel is small shopping centre with a few restaurants, boutiques etc. The famous Top Spot Food Court is very close (really delicious and cheap in comparison with Australian seafood). I did not book breakfast in the hotel so can't comment on food there but there are a few cafes and restaurants within the hotel. The room has been cleaned every day. I don't have anything negative to say re the service at all. Would recommend this hotel for short stays and will definitely choose it next time if go to Kuching.

Room Tip: Booked double but was upgraded to family room
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed September 27, 2012

First the good: sensational pool and great mattress leading to a wonderful night's sleep.
BUT I hate mould in the shower and this was a pretty new hotel. Variable room cleaning. Wireless internet available but only in the lobby - and the brightness of this made it hard to see the screen. Wide variety of breakfasts but it took me the last day to find they made drinkable coffee in the form of cappucino.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Coorong
PullmanKuching, General Manager at Pullman Kuching, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2012

Reviewed September 26, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights after arrival from Europe and it was a great place  to acclimatise to Borneo. The rooms are nice and clean with a huge bathroom and a yoga mat. It's a short walk to the waterfront and the city center. The swimmingpool is a of decent size and there is a jaccuzzi as well. Only downside of the poolarea is the small number of beds and the lack of sun umbrellas. We didn't use the gym but it looked great as well. Cannot say anything about the breakfast or the restaurants as we ate outside. There are great restaurants at walking distance including Topspot for the best seafoodin town.

1  Thank Elvira75

Reviewed September 26, 2012

We stayed 2 days in the Pullman hotel. It was a great experience. Everything was perfect: service, room, location. We strongly recommend to take their breakfast! it was very rich and of very high quality!
The pool area is very good. Spa is also great, though a bit expensive.
The location is also very convenient to travel to the Bako National Park.

2  Thank Slaya

Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights at 75 GBP a night for the Deluxe room.
Good points:
- very modern, new feel
- big room, big bathroom with bath and separate shower. Bath has view over the city.
- very comfortable bed.
- v.big varied breakfast spread
- 5 min walk to the waterfront

Bad points:
- some staff pretty dopey and lacking in knowledge about the local area.
- at breakfast was told I would have to pay if I wanted a second cup of green tea. Really?? In a place where there is a very large Chinese population. Regular tea or coffee refills were free.

Overall would definitely recommend. Would be hard to find a better hotel in Kuching.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Nashwan1977

Dear Valued Customer, Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! I thank you for your feedbacks regarding your recent stay with us. Rest assured that we will review the shortfall for future improvements. I look forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

This is a very large nice new hotel located in a prime spot close to most everything in Kuching an has central connections to nearby buses to do day trips. The hotel travel center has great packages to visit orangutangs and can provide good tips on restuarants nearby, etc. However, this is a fairly soul-less hotel whose lobby still smells like fresh concrete. There are some kinks that need to be worked out of this brand new hotel, but the rooms are super clean and the bathroom and the massive showers are great. I'd recommend it for business travelers or someone looking for a clean modern hotel, but not for someone looking for a cultural (or hostel) experience.

Room Tip: The hotel is located atop a hill, so there are good views from pretty much anywhere in the building...
2  Thank D B
PullmanKuching, General Manager at Pullman Kuching, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Regards, Eric Tan