“Excellent stay (with little hiccups)”
Review of Pullman Kuching

Pullman Kuching
Ranked #6 of 55 Hotels in Kuching
Reviewed January 11, 2012

Loved our stay here. Room was spacious with plenty of space for my toddler to roam around and tastefully furnished. The bed and pillows were super comfortable that we fell asleep so soundly (all 3 of us) after a day trip before dinner and got such a much needed rest. There is a work area which is handy for guests who have business to attend to and a sofa for watching the telly. The bath tub in the washroom allowed for a beautiful view of the city and from the room, we could see the waterfront. Superb location, attached to The Hills shopping mall so you can dine in one of the restaurants there if you dont feel like dining at the hotel. It is very close to Top Spot(just 5 minutes walk), a top selection for fresh seafood meals with affordable prices. Try the Nu Er Hong restaurant which serves tasty (halal) chinese food in a very nice setting. Service of staff could be better given that they are working in a 5 star hotel. Good pool and small playground are useful for the little ones. Good variety of food at breakfast however, some of the food was left cold.

As a 5 star hotel, I expected to be able to get an iron and ironing board but I was told that they have run out. This is somehow unacceptable to me because my clothes were totally crumpled and I could not leave without them ironed. Despite my requests for having which started at night, none of them got back to me until I called again in the morning, feeling stressed out. Still, they told me the same thing without offering a solution. After I displayed my unhappiness, the manager decided to get his runner to get my clothes to iron it for me (why wasnt this done earlier) only for them to call me back again saying that they do have an iron available at the last minute.

I expected much better service from an established hotel like Pullman. It did not ruin my stay but I definitely could have had a better one without this incident.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Suliani
PullmanKuching, General Manager at Pullman Kuching, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2012

Dear Valued Customer, Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! I thank you for your feedbacks regarding your recent stay with us. Rest assured that we will review the shortfall for future improvements. Best wishes to you! Regards, Eric Tan.

There are newer reviews for Pullman Kuching

Reviewed January 9, 2012

Good prices available via pullman website
Very large room and bathroom, well fitted (international style furniture and deco), excellent mattress and fine bed linens
Nice unblocked view through large windows, as the hotel is on a small hill
Central location
One small downside : breakfast is ok but very far from extraordinary and from what you can get in other hotels, including western and eastern style dishes. We did not try Eastern-style breakfast.
Personnel at check-in desk was friendly and sent us to Top Spot Seafood, close by, when we said we were not willing to have dinner at the hotel. This was definitely a very good recommandation.
If we ever go back to Kuching, will definitely look to go there again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank petiteld
Reviewed January 9, 2012

This hotel is rated No. 1 in Kuching and I can't agree more when I arrived. Spaciously clean rooms, bathroom, lobby, new and modern deco everywhere, super comfortable beds and pillows (you can even request different types - we've chosen Lavender ones). Superb locations, walking distance to Topspot for seafood, Waterfront, Main Bazaar etc, except need to take taxi to Satok Weekend Market, just 10mins drive (open only Sat & Sun). At their lobby lounge, they have an amazing Filipino band playing, serving delicious frozen lime Margarita & free internet pc for use at lobby.

The only thing we missed experiencing are the breakfast at Puzzles Restaurant, cool looking pool, fitness centre and jacuzzi on 2nd floor but will definitely return to same hotel the next trip!

Room Tip: Make request to the hotel prior to arrival if you have preferences such as smoking or non smoking
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 7, 2012

This hotel is right in the heart of the city. You can walk to everything, seafront, food, museum, main streets. Yahya's Foreign exchange kiosk nearby. The hotel is very functional. Staff are very helpful and polite. If you are looking for atmosphere, you will not find this here. The rooms are very clean and large. Free wi-fi in the lobby if you did not bring your laptop. Higly reccommended if the standards are kept.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

Dear Valued Customer, Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! I thank you for your feedbacks regarding your recent stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching. Best wishes to you! Regards, Eric Tan.

Reviewed January 7, 2012

No problems with this new, swanky hotel. Great buffet breakfast, Olympic pool and great fitness center, beautiful rooms and bathrooms. Only caveat, they still have smoking floors, and they don't ask you if you want non-smoking floor, or at least they didn't ask us. We got placed on a smoking floor and I smelled disgusting smoke coming through the ventilation system from other rooms. When we were in a different room on non-smoking floor it was fine.

Room Tip: Ask for non-smoking floor, high floor (good views)
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KurtC776
PullmanKuching, General Manager at Pullman Kuching, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2012

Reviewed January 7, 2012

We stayed here two separate times, divided by a trip to Bako National Park. I would highly recommend this property. Of all the nice hotels we stayed in in Malaysia, this was by far our favorite. The rooms are beautiful, breakfast excellent (get the laksa sarawak), service great. They have a decent gym and a 25 meter lap swimming pool, which was very welcome.The only mistake made was on our second visit when we were given a room on a smoking floor without the front desk inquiring as to our preference. Not good, as we did smell smoke (people smoke in the hallways). The lobby bar is wildly overpriced - $11 US for a beer. Overall, the hotel is excellent value for money.

Room Tip: Get a high floor
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple