Basaga really enhances the wonderful experiences that Kuching has to offer, not that we managed to do too much in our week, but found it to be quite central to squeeze in a fair amount. Kuching water front, local shopping and bus transport is a lovely walk away, or you can get a lift in. People are up and about in the morning but the traffic doesn't seem to appear until late afternoon. The salt pool is cleaned daily as the trees lose some leaf litter in there. It is a great depth for adults and kids and has loungers for those who want more than a swim. The gardens and grounds are amazing. The gardeners work tirelessly at maintaining a jungle-y look with no mess or overgrown mozzie attractions. Look closer and there are beautiful orchids, a fish pond, strange curly hangings and plantings of similar groups- no weeds. There are bananas from the garden sometimes for breakfast - which should provide something for everyone. Western or Asian and most days fresh cooked to your order or help yourself to what is on offer. It would seem that all rooms have a special attraction. The shower water isn't scalding hot but being an equatorial climate - it was hot enough. The staff are fabulous- friendly, knowledgeable and professional. The chef and the kitchen staff turn out some tasty fresh meals for a very reasonable cost. My meal of choice was the umai - sensational. We had a brilliant holiday and totally recommend Basaga to others. However if you expect a raging nightclubby atmosphere, forget it, us old folks and families are too busy chilling
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Basaga! Basaga is located in Kuching, the capital city of Sarawak in Malaysia on the island of Borneo, an island long known for its rich history, culture and eco-tourism. Our property is a truly unique hotel and travel accommodation concept with a great environment and almost resort-like relaxing atmosphere, unlike any that is currently available in the urban Kuching area. Nestled in a secluded, well wooded private property just a mere 7-minute drive away from the City center, Basaga features an exclusive number of 33 well-appointed rooms with full in-room amenities, an annex which houses a private dormitory and leisure facilities contained on the property grounds for our guests' convenience. Basaga's innovative room products and range of services can accommodate the varying needs of tourists and travelers, offering good service, private seclusion with great value for money. It’s more than just a hotel - it’s your residence while in Sarawak. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Basaga Holiday Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Basaga Holiday Residences Hotel Kuching
- Basaga Holiday Residences Kuching, Sarawak