We stayed in Basaga at first three nights and a week later one more night with our family. We had a family room both time (different ones thou') which has connectiong poolside and courtyard rooms. Poolside comes with two single beds where as courtyard comes with a queen size. Both rooms have their own toilet and bathroom facilities, courtyard having a shower outside. Which we all loved and used :) Poolside has a minifridge and both rooms aircon AND a fan. Rooms were clean and in good condition. They are nicely and individually decorated. Absolutely a value for your money. Beds are very comfortable and sheets clean.
Service is excellent. First time they didn't have our booking which was made via hotels.com but as we could show it on our tabloit there was no problems checking in. All the staff was amazingly friendly and smiling all the time with Brandon the most welcoming and making sure your stay is all you want it to be.
Restaurant is also a good value. A small minus for the pasta but the rest was tasty and well cooked and cheap. Same goes with breakfast. And I loved my first (icecold) cider after missing it for all our so far 3 month travelling...
Pool is a bit small and there are sometimes quite many leaves which fall from the trees above. But they keep it as clean as possible by cleaning the pool daily when there are people using it. And our kids loved diving the leaves from the bottom. :) What we really missed on the pool was good sunchairs. There was only four, far from each others and a bit dated already.
Wi-Fi is free but has some problems in operating. Didn't work perfectly in the room and was jammed also in the lubby sometimes. Then again, this seems to be quite normal in Borneo.
Warmly recommended place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Basaga! Basaga is located in Kuching, the capital city of Sarawak in Malaysia on the island of Borneo, an island long known for its rich history, culture and eco-tourism. Our property is a truly unique hotel and travel accommodation concept with a great environment and almost resort-like relaxing atmosphere, unlike any that is currently available in the urban Kuching area. Nestled in a secluded, well wooded private property just a mere 7-minute drive away from the City center, Basaga features an exclusive number of 33 well-appointed rooms with full in-room amenities, an annex which houses a private dormitory and leisure facilities contained on the property grounds for our guests' convenience. Basaga's innovative room products and range of services can accommodate the varying needs of tourists and travelers, offering good service, private seclusion with great value for money. It’s more than just a hotel - it’s your residence while in Sarawak. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Agoda and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Basaga Holiday Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Basaga Holiday Residences Hotel Kuching
- Basaga Holiday Residences Kuching, Sarawak