“Just great”

Basaga Holiday Residences
Ranked #1 of 84 Kuching B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Friendly service, a clean and nice surrounding, very good mix of local and western dishes, one of the best places in town to dine and stay over. The residance has been a formerly school and the owners preserved the origin english landhouse style. Very reasonable prices for rooms, a nice small swimming pool and a beautiful beergarden are only some reasons to give it a try.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed December 5, 2012

We spend 6 nights in this Hotel and don't have anything bad to say about it.
-The staff is very friendly and helpful (speak English)
-The Hotel is very well looked after tucked away of a main street it is nice and quiet. the pool is very nice and the restaurant area got a real nice tropical charm.
-The food is delicious and the breakfast is good value for money.
-The room (downstairs pool side) was good in size and clean. The mattress was very comfy.
-The location is a bit out of town but they offer a free shuttle twice a day and a taxi only cost 10 ringit. If you want you can also walk to town it takes about 15-20 min. It's next to the road to the airport so it's really handy if you have to catch a early or late fight.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank goofey_12
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Staff are very friendly, shuttles are provided with a minimum cost.
Food from the hotel is better than the food from town.
Very cosy environment and would stay again if given a chance to go Kuching again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank JuneP_22
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I spent a total of 4 nights in this hotel and found it good in spite of my wife having been attacked by a swarm of mosquito as soon as we entered our room on the first night. The room was downstairs and had an outdoor shower in the garden. We were promptly upgraded so I give the hotel 4 stars. From then on everything was fine.

This is a budget hotel, but comfortable for the price we paid. Breakfast was included. We picked the local food which was good, but a bit spicey for our taste.

The hotel is located in a very leafy area not far from downtown so the taxi fares were low by Western standards. The staff were friendly and helpful. Overall the hotel was not overcrowded and had a relaxed atmosphere.

Room Tip: Choose a room upstairs even if a bit more expensive.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We had a great stay at the Basaga, everything very clean, great kitchen (I liked especially the Laksa very much), the pool was a very welcome refresher after coming back from daytrips. The shower in the backyard was very nice! The staff was very helpful and always very kind. Definitely a place to come back

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Christian F
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I stay in this Basaga under recommendation of my friend on September 20, 2012. Unfortunately During my check in which I needed to hand over my ID card for registration, i remembered that the receptionist return my ID card to me. When I check out and before I want to board my flight which I need to show my ID then I discovered that my ID was lost, immediately I called back to the hotel and ask the staff to check.

It took them 1 hour to call me back just to tell me that the staff forgot to return my ID which I swear to GOD that I did have my ID back. I did leave my luggage at the counter for the afternoon while I took a taxi go out for lunch.

For future customer, please check and make sure all your ID and credit card is handed back to you before you proceed to your room. Your identity might be at stake.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed October 4, 2012

This place had good reviews and looked great on the internet and it did not disapoint. Service was great and staff were happy to help with anything including arranging tours to local attractions. Food and drinks reasonably priced and had a good/cheap airport pickup and drop off service. The place has a lot of character and is not just another hotel that you come and go from but part of the experience. All in all a great stay just a short distance from the city but you don't frrl you are in the city as there are a heaps of trees and it is off the road a bit.

Room Tip: The rooms downstairs open onto the pool area or have a small courtyard and are great but you can hea...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family